My first fatty got bogarted

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

diver165

Original poster
Sep 6, 2011
WV

I appologize for the wierd initial post. My web browser and TapaTalk on my iPhone revolted. I couldn't do anything but reply to the post in order to add more pics.

But this is my first fatty. Sausage, potato (home fries) and cheese. I kept it simple because I'd never done one and didn't wanna make a mess of things. I used 2lbs of sausage. Hind sight 1 would have been plenty. 2 just make it a tad too rich for some. Don't get me wrong, they gobbled it up. But I think I'd have been better off to make 2 fatties instead of one really thick/fat one. The bacon was nice but I foiled it while waiting for the rest of breakfast to finish. Because of the foiling the bacon got a little soft on me. But over all I am pleased and so was the family.

2.5hrs at 300F on the Rec Tec. Next time I may back it down to 250-275 for 3hrs or the IT is around 170F.

Last edited:
a4y2yqa8.jpg

symebusa.jpg

te6e5u5u.jpg

huvejaqe.jpg

The family hit it like a pack of wolves ... Sorry for the 2nd post. My web browser just would not let me add another pic

Great job!

Looks delicious and the smoker looks as if it has never seen meat before!  Very clean!!!

Nicely done,

Bill

That's because that was my first cook! Gotta start somewhere so a nice bacon covered fatty seemed like a good start. This week though it will be 3 racks of baby backs and 2 butts.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky