My First Chuckie In The Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 11, 2015
Maryland Eastern Shore
Been seeing a lot of these lately so thought I would try my hand at it.
Well I could of had better luck with it as I had a dilemma but we all have been there.

Started out with what I thought was a great looking Chuckie.

IMG_0011.jpg

Made up some marinade bagged and in the fridge over night.

IMG_0012.jpg

In the smoker we go.
As you can see I use a water pan as I always do for most of my cooks.

IMG_0013.jpg

Now here is where the dilemma comes in I was off doing something else
(getting camper ready to go to pc farmer's for the gathering.)
Came back to check on things and found I had run out of propane. :emoji_astonished::emoji_disappointed:
The meat was safe as it had been over 140 the last time I checked.
So I lost track of where it was and pulled it.

IMG_0014.jpg

Family was ready to eat so this is what we the had.

IMG_0015.jpg

Was hoping for the longer higher temp like a brisket. Didn't make it but it had a great flavor.

My plate.

IMG_0016.jpg

You see the question every once in a while do you make mistakes yup we all do regardless of our experience or in-experience.
So you drop back punt and try it again.
Thanks for looking.

Warren

Last edited:
looks good to me! Guess you'll have to do a 2nd one

Ryan

Thanks for the like Brokenhandle it is appreciated.

Yup if at first you don't succeed then try and try again.

Warren

Nice ! Never see the 7 bone roast around here any more . Those were my favorite for the crock pot .
I think the chuck can be more of a challenge than a brisket . Meal looks good to me , I like the chuck sliced myself .

Looks like things worked out just fine Warren, nice work. A chucky has great flavor even when sliced, just takes a little more work with the old choppers sometimes. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky