My first butt and other items with Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

frog1369

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 17, 2014
Wisconsin Tundra
So, Saturday I was playing with the Smoke Vault, modified the lower dampers so they would close all the way and drilled a hole an added a grommet for my Maverick ET-732.  Well, now I had to try it out, right?  So, went to the store, got a 9# pork butt, some flat iron steaks and some ground beef and sausage.  Got the pork butts and steaks ready with rub, made a nice meat loaf with quinoa and lots of other stuff plus made a cheeseburger fatty with onions and mushrooms.  Did some ABTs also with cream cheese and raspberry preserves and smoked a potato to make a twice baked.  Started at 8am on Sunday and started pulling stuff as it was done.  About 1 1/2 hours on the steaks to 130, 2 hours on the fatty to about 165 and about 3 1/2 hours on the meat loaf, also to 165.  Took the pork butt to 145 on the smoker, about 7 hours, then finished in the oven at 230.  Don't have pics of it yet because it didn't reach 208 until about 2:30 AM this morning, I just pulled it from the oven, wrapped it into a cooler until I woke up and then put it in the fridge.  Taste test was good so far but I need to pull it to see how it really turned out.  Ok, so on with the pics.  Oh yeah, also had my first fatty "blow out", not a bad one but a minor leak ....... 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky