• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

My first brisket in my MES

garyc

Smoke Blower
Joined Apr 22, 2010
I originally bought my electric MES so I can do briskets. I just don't have the time or patience to keep my charcoal smoker for 12 to 14 hours. I planned an overnight smoke so I could have the brisket for Sunday lunch. I bought a flat half and on Saturday morning I injected it with beef broth and brisket rub I bought from my butcher.

After that I rubbed the outside with the same rub.

At 10pm I put the brisket in the smoker at 220 deg. I smoked it with apple wood until about 2 am when I went to bed.

When I woke up the next morning at 9 am the brisket had gotten to 180 deg, perfect timing! I took the brisket out and foiled it with a cup of apple juice. I put it in the oven at 220 deg until it hit 190 deg. At that point I wrapped it in towels and put it in the cooler to rest for a few hours.

At 1pm I took the brisket out and cut it. It was like butter! It really came out wonderfully!

I served it with cheese potatoes and steamed broccoli and home made sauce on the side. What a great meal!!!!

gotarace

Limited Mod
Joined Jan 27, 2011
Excellent looking Que there Gary...Great looking plate. Looks like your MES did exactly what you bought it for.

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
Looks excelent. It must be brisket weekend as I have one in the smoker as well. 

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Great looking brisket there Gary. Nothing like hitting a homer your first time up. Excellent!

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.