My First Boston Butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

2Buicks

Original poster
Aug 4, 2022
Smoked this 8 lb butt this Thursday. Have had this Brinkman Cimarron since 2001 and I grill the heck out of it but only dabled some in smoking. Went all in this time. 11.5 hours between 250F and 300F with pecan and post oak. Was/is delicious and the crunchies are soooo good. Picked up some pointers by looking through several posts on this site. Thanks.

Thin Blue Smoke.jpg

Done.jpg

Pulled.jpg

Great looking Butt. Looks like you've been doing this for a long time. Excellent and looks perfectly cooked.

Reactions: 2Buicks
Nice work and holy smoked nice view! I could sit there for 12 hours tending that fire!

Reactions: 2Buicks
Great job on that there Butt.

And that is what I was thinking when I saw the first picture, what a view you must have there ( if no problem ) where roughly are you located. State is good

David
Hi David. We live in western Wyoming.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky