My butcher is messing with me.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You nailed it.

Lately i am leaning towards barbacoa style cooking for lamb, not just from shoulder, but leg too.

The lamb lolipops are the only ones i truly enjoy cooked rare.

Next time try a middle eastern spice mix.

I haven't cooked lamb in decades because my wife is not a fan at all, but those pictures have my mouth watering for lamb and mint jelly. Hmm, she's traveling quite a bit. Might have to find me some lamb.

Nice job,
lamb is a favorite of our family partially because we raise sheep and they taste good . Keep up the good work and thanks for the pictures

PABEEF

The perfect rotisserie meat, but I don't think I'd do one again in a conventional fixed smoker. So, I do 2-3 a year, have done probably close to 30 overall. Can lamb take a lot of spice and flavor? Yes, unquestionably. Does it make it better? Not really. I've done rubs, all sort of conventional stuff, and the last half dozen looking for juiciness I've done with wet mops, starting with wine/citrus/oil and finally landing on a tip from an Arabic friend. Nothing other than salt, pepper and mango. Mango juice, and some sprigs of rosemary in the bucket. After the last heavy mop (10-15 minutes before done), then a good shake of s/p all over. Can't be simpler. I haven't logged into this site in years, this thread prompted me to share.

I found this thread late.
Looks GREAT to me - yummy!
Now I'll have to give it a try. But I'm thinking of some I had decades ago. Along with other spices they used paprika and cinnamon. I'm going to focus in that spice direction and give it a try.

That looks so good! I have a lamb shoulder thawing right now and have been debating on how to go about it. I'm glad you mentioned leaving it unwrapped for more time in the smoke - I think I'm going to throw it in the smoker early enough so I can and do it that way.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky