My Briskets from Friday

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rexster314

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 7, 2012
Texas Gulf Coast
I bought some briskets from Walmart almost 2 years ago and they've been in our deep freeze since. Pulled them out to thaw and fired up my pipe smoker that I hadn't used for a couple of years. Since it's so big ( holds 6 full packers at a time) I only fire it up when I'm low on brisket in the freezer. Anyway, cut to the chase.

Put on two packer briskets, 1 whole chicken, a 13x9 pan of baked beans to get some smoke on them and a pan of bbq sauce that I smoke for several hours. After 4 hours, I took the chicken out as it was done and put on a slab of spare ribs. After 6 hours I wrapped the briskets in red butcher paper as the bark was formed and I didn't want any more smoke on them but still needed some cooking time. Later put on some Conecuh sausage we had from our trip to La some months back, and some Black's sausage from Lockhart. Wife had whipped up some potato salad using russets that I had put in the Anova SV earlier. 

When the briskets were done after 10 hours we had a feast of meats. Later separated the flats from the points, and vacuum sealed the meat, gave the rest of the ribs and sausage away to neighbors. 

Reactions: mike5051
That is nice!  
icon14.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky