My Biggest smoke ever tomorrow!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sorry for not posting the finished pics...they are on my flickr account, but I need to post them here, and my work blocks flickr for some unknown reason...I'll post them tonight, albeit much later than they should have been up. Thanks for the kind words everyone!!

This is why I should never give people dates....life gets in the way sometimes!! LOL, anyways, here are the finished pics:

Here's the brat log, done:

4223075615_a5a39c6bfa_o.jpg

Wings after the fry:

4223942158_9192c4df91_o.jpg

All sauced up!:

4223959406_00f8c1c1bf_o.jpg

Butt Done!

4225965084_af3090cdc7_o.jpg

Pulled and ready to devour (actually, partly already eaten, by my buddies during the game, so this is going in the fridge):

4226022076_12230a44e7_o.jpg

Couple thoughts:

The brat log was about as amazing as I could have imagined. If I did it again, I would use more of the Hot and Spicy rub, as it could have used a little more kick, but the pineapple gave it an amazing taste.

The wings were good, but using honey and grape jelly in the sauce made it a little sweet for my tastes. Either more hot sauce or less sweet next time!

The pork butt was awesome. I used the red pepper flakes instead of ground from the traditional "Mr. Brown" recipe in the rub, because I didn't realize I was out of ground until I was putting it together. Happy mistake! I think I'll continue doing this, as it seemed to give it a little more spice.

All in all, a very successful smoke. It was a long day, and absolutely, positively worth every second. Now I guess I need to get the wife and kid to visit the fam in KC a little more often so that I can get these types of days in more frequently. :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky