My Attempt at Pulled Loin tacos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ksmith9

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 8, 2020
Howdy everyone! I was on the forum yesterday looking for a recipe to make pulled pork tacos. I was looking for a recipe but ended up doing my own thing. I said I would post pictures if I remembered so here we go. I started with a Pork Loin, which Peachy said may not make a good pulled pork. I went with it anyway. I cut slits in my Loin (about 2.5 lbs) and then liberally spread rub (brown sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika). I then threw some clementines and an apple in the food processor for sweet and then threw in the smoker at 250. I let it cook for about 7 hours. I wanted it to be sweet because I made a pineapple habanero salsa and a spicy slaw to put on top of the meat. I had a temperature gauge on it and it was showing 165. I know if wasn't to pulling temp but we were hungry we waited all day. Knowing the meat wasn't pulled I decided to cut it into real thin strips and use that for my pork tacos. The sweet from the oranges and apples on the pork was perfect and the meat so moist (which I believe was because I didn't let it get all the way up in temp). There was also excess juice from the salsa sitting overnight that made it all the more tasty. I wanted to top the tacos with cojita cheese but I settled for cueso fresco do to my local market (darn). Also I wanted to grill the shells but since it was raining I settled for pan fried. Without further ado here are some pictures
IMG_20200517_164945049.jpg
IMG_20200517_165240201.jpg
IMG_20200517_165912133.jpg
IMG_20200517_170640827.jpg

After I cut the pork into thin strips I than mixed it in with the oranges and apples which was more like a marmalade as a lot of the juice was gone. It created a really interesting crust that turned even better when I quickly panfried the meat today for leftovers, the outside got carmelized! Enjoy!

They sure look good to me! Looks like your plan worked out nicely.

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky