My 1st Venison Jalapeño & Cheese Summer Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

galenabob

Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
Happy New Year!

Well I finally got fired up and decided to start making my own Venison Summer Sausage this season. My brother and I decided to make a batch of Italian Sausage. We spent all day with our two Kichenaid food processors grinding and stuffing venison and pork shoulders. It took us hours and hours and after it was all done we had approximately 50 lbs of sausage links and bulked all vacuum sealed.

1D823097-68A2-4AA3-AA38-6E840E601C85.jpeg 92A3F111-232E-469F-8F19-253570088EFC.jpeg
A couple of weeks ago I purchased a sausage stuffer and made my first batch of Venison Summer Sausage! It drastically cut my production time and I made approximately 15 lbs. by myself. I used a package mix, followed all directions and smoked it for about 8 hours or so. I really had no idea what the heck I was doing.... But it turned out FANTASTIC!

Time for me to get a little more serious... Cabela’s had a sale and I decided to purchase their “Pro Series DC” grinder for $139. This thing grinds like a beast! My son and I whipped out 15lbs. of Venison Jalapeño and Cheese Summer Sausage. I smoked it for 10 hours and OMG is it delicious!

I don’t post on here enough and I hope every picture I tried to post comes up. I’m happy to share more details if anyone is interested. Everyone here is always posting great recipes and ideas I figured I would add to it. My brother is coming over today and we’re doing venison hot sticks for the first time!

Attachments

• F9A4BE1B-E249-4A5B-8BE6-65BEC71EED34.jpeg
    F9A4BE1B-E249-4A5B-8BE6-65BEC71EED34.jpeg
    172 KB · Views: 76
  • 5CD4FC3B-DED2-46BC-82DE-58C6EABF3FC9.jpeg
    5CD4FC3B-DED2-46BC-82DE-58C6EABF3FC9.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 83
  • E9638B9C-61E7-4AE3-BFE0-511B481E6DF6.jpeg
    E9638B9C-61E7-4AE3-BFE0-511B481E6DF6.jpeg
    150.1 KB · Views: 71
Looks really good, Good to see you ventured out into the sausage making, and some equipment lol. One of the best things we did when we decided to start making sausage. Point.....

That's some great looking sausage!
Very nicely done!
I moved this to the sausage section.
I think you will get more responses there!
Al

Looks awesome! Nothing like processing your own food! We did 25lbs of vension summer sausage the other day and did 12.5 lbs of vension snack sticks today.

Hi there and welcome!

Welcome to the sausage world! Next you will be buying pre-tubed casings so you don't have to fight with casings while stuffing things like the italian sausage.

If you ever get tired of hand mixing and start debating a better method of mixing sausage and seasoning shoot me a message and I'll let you in on the drill + mud mixer paddle + bucket method that kicks the crap out of those square meat mixers (I think they suuuuuuck).

Keep on posting because what you are making looks good :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky