My 1st UDS GO HAWKEYES!!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ballagh

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2006
Iowa
Finally got around to making my first UDS.  I scored a veggie oil drum for $5, the inside is pretty much the same as everyone elses, weber cooking grate, weber charcoal grate with 12" tall 1/2" expanded sitting on 4" carriage bolts upside down to get it off the floor, thermo on the side. You cant see it in these pics but I did a Fatmans shutoff on the side, used a 90 degree elbow with a 24" standpipe with the shutoff on top of that :)  I burned the barrel out and found a guy to sand blast the entire thing inside and out for $20.  I did weld some casters on the bottom, and painted the outside with 1000 degree paint that I had left over from my 300 RF build.  I could not find a cheap weber grill lid so I improvised with a barrel clamp on lid.  My next build I am going to just buy a weber grill and tear it apart.  Enjoy the pics.  Sprayed the inside with veggie oil today and lit it.  It has been going for 8 hours now and has not moved from 225 yet.  Love it!!!!  Going to sell this one then make a Yankee one to celebrate their 28th World Series Victory thie year :)

f0d423c9_photo.jpg
c108f80b_photo2.jpg

Last edited:
Go HAWKS!!!! I'm a hawk as well. UDS looks great a buddy just snagged us a couple barrels so we can join the club we can't wait.

icon_cool.gif

WOW nice jod on the smoker and all but I do see one thing wrong...........The colors are alittle off the black and yellow is it??? Doesn't look anythignlike the Orange and blue of the GATORS 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky