My 1st UDS GO HAWKEYES!!!!!

Discussion in 'UDS Builds' started by ballagh, Sep 29, 2010.

1. ballagh

ballagh Smoking Fanatic

Finally got around to making my first UDS.  I scored a veggie oil drum for $5, the inside is pretty much the same as everyone elses, weber cooking grate, weber charcoal grate with 12" tall 1/2" expanded sitting on 4" carriage bolts upside down to get it off the floor, thermo on the side. You cant see it in these pics but I did a Fatmans shutoff on the side, used a 90 degree elbow with a 24" standpipe with the shutoff on top of that :)  I burned the barrel out and found a guy to sand blast the entire thing inside and out for $20.  I did weld some casters on the bottom, and painted the outside with 1000 degree paint that I had left over from my 300 RF build.  I could not find a cheap weber grill lid so I improvised with a barrel clamp on lid.  My next build I am going to just buy a weber grill and tear it apart.  Enjoy the pics.  Sprayed the inside with veggie oil today and lit it.  It has been going for 8 hours now and has not moved from 225 yet.  Love it!!!!  Going to sell this one then make a Yankee one to celebrate their 28th World Series Victory thie year :)

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  2. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

you did a great job on that

3. deannc

deannc Master of the Pit

Great looking UDS!  [​IMG]

4. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the ugly club! [​IMG]

5. pandemonium

pandemonium Master of the Pit

Looks great, nice job!![​IMG]

6. bowtieracin

bowtieracin Smoke Blower

Go HAWKS!!!! I'm a hawk as well. UDS looks great a buddy just snagged us a couple barrels so we can join the club we can't wait.

7. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

WOW nice jod on the smoker and all but I do see one thing wrong...........The colors are alittle off the black and yellow is it??? Doesn't look anythignlike the Orange and blue of the GATORS