my 1st attempt as a forum member

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

areallynicegirl

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 21, 2015
Cottage Grove, Oregon
my first official act as a new member I smoked some pork chops in the little chief.

View media item 396971

This is resting in the shop fridge after the brine (which was way to salty, need a better formula). I soaked and rinsed but still a little salty. Not as bad after the smoke but still would pull it way sooner than I did.

View media item 396972

So this is the chops finishing on the griddle.

Hopefully I have done this correctly.....

Last edited:
As your posting when you get to where you want to add the pic click on the "insert image" box then "upload" find it on your computer then hit  select it then hit "submit"

Chops looked nice and yes , brine can get away from you and it ain't pretty.
help.gif

The more you post Q-view , the better you get and a big
welcome1.gif
 , Patti .

Have fun and . . .

Never made them but have happily eaten them. We just moved here from meridian, Idaho almost a year ago! So hello my almost but no longer neighbor!

Always great to have another Idaho smoker on here be it past or present ! Great to chat with ya ! Look forward to more of your posts !

Cottage Grove, OR?     You need to zip over to the coast and nab some King Salmon for your Little Chief.  Oh Yeah!

Nice looking chops! Post your brine recipe and we can help you with that. Were you attempting to give the chops a hammy flavor? If so take a look at Pop's cure recipe.

Hubby is going to the coast for work tomorrow, Ive told him to bring me a salmon or dont come home at all lol.

The brine was the "easy cure" from the Little Chief book. It was I think a quart of water and a half cup each of salt and sugar. I added extra apple juice to that (like almost half again as much) because it seemed like a ton salt for what I was trying to accomplish which was just flavor and moisture as opposed to any kind of "cure".

It did have a very Bacony/hammy flavor, esp since the only chips I had were hickory. Which was delicious, the chops were great except a little salty. i feel like I left them in too long and so live and learn. Next time I will be more diligent :)

You guys are the best!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky