Mrs CivilSmoker’s Curry & Rice Bowls

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Odd. Can't quote to a reply.

Price is less than in Canada ($6.00 Canadian pound based on the exchange rate)

US also has 7.8x the number of beef cattle than Canada, so guessing that majority of beef prices will be lower

Nobody ever puts them on sale

Thanks

DON

I’m lucky cause I live in the heart of Idaho beef country. Agra beef the parent company of SRF Wagyu was founding 10 min from our house. Beef is actually higher export from Idaho than spuds….. solar panels and memory chips are a couple of Idaho’s top exports

I don't need to tell you how amazing, beautiful, tantalizing, and delicious all of this looks. You know that already. I have a question though: do you have an extra room I could rent out? I'd happily pay a nice monthly fee as well as kick in a considerable donation to the grocery bill if you'd make meals like this for me :emoji_laughing: Also, as many times as I've seen you mention your wife in threads you've posted, she might consider joining the forum on her own. She obviously has a LOT to share with us :emoji_wink:

Robert

I don't need to tell you how amazing, beautiful, tantalizing, and delicious all of this looks. You know that already. I have a question though: do you have an extra room I could rent out? I'd happily pay a nice monthly fee as well as kick in a considerable donation to the grocery bill if you'd make meals like this for me :emoji_laughing: Also, as many times as I've seen you mention your wife in threads you've posted, she might consider joining the forum on her own. She obviously has a LOT to share with us :emoji_wink:

Robert
Many thanks Robert...... We actually have two extra rooms available, how are you at tile work or wood flooring installation? Oh, my wife is the sauce and dressing queen in our kitchen, I just smoke stuff to go with them..... She gets after me and says she isn't a good cook but just following a recipe and the smoked meat is what makes it good....... My only come back is what meat do you want me to smoke this week.....LOL
Those meals look great , hats off to the mrs.
Thanks Jim, will pass the hat to Mrs. for sure!

Here you go Smokin! My wife uses the base then adjust to taste. She always adds the coconut milk at the end like you do in a cream sauce. It should be thinner than gravy so it soaks into the rice….

Curry’s

Green
2 cups of chicken broth
2 - 3 cups coconut cream/milk (added at the end)
6 - 10 stems of Thai sweet basil
2-3 limes (squeezed and zest)
2-3 Tbsp Green curry paste
1-2 Thai chilies, green color or Serrano
3 small shallots
1-2 Tsp ginger paste
1 garlic clove
2 stalks lemongrass
1 tbsp. white pepper
1 tsp. coriander
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp fish oil or shrimp paste

Red
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 to 2 (12.5-ounce cans) coconut milk (at the end)
1 to 4 cups beef stock
1 to 2 (more if you want it stronger) tablespoons red curry paste
Zest and juice of 1 lime
1 small white onion, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, thinly slicer
1 - 6 inch piece lemongrass, tough ends
removed, smashed and cut into 1-inch slices
1 (1-inch) piece ginger, peeled and thinly
sliced
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
into 2-inch cubes (can use russets as well)
2 red bell peppers, cut into matchsticks (or desired size, if small put in just as it s ready so the don’t over cook)

Thank you Civil appreciate the info! Going to give them a shot.

Thank you Civil appreciate the info! Going to give them a shot.
You are welcome. Just note that the flavor should be really intense prior to adding the coconut milk...then just add enough coconut milk till it speaks to you.

Due to all the crazy cold weather we have been having my wife has been doing a bit more creating in the kitchen than normal……

First up is Red Curry Short Ribs…..my boy marinated and seared these short ribs on the Weber sear station……
View attachment 659682
Then my wife made up some red curry over rice and the it was topped with the seared ribs….
View attachment 659683
This was a finger licking flavor bomb!!!!
View attachment 659684

Next up was my pulled pork green curry…… we had some extra pulled pork so the wife made up some green curry…..
View attachment 659685

Once the curry was perfect in when the pulled pork and this it was served over rice…….
View attachment 659686

I’ve had a lot of green curry but the smoky pork was our magic…..this will be a regular thing in our house!
View attachment 659687

Oh have to give props to the creamy Serrano lime salad…..I added sun flower seeds….yum!
View attachment 659688

And finally her orange ginger glazed smoked chicken rice bowl……..

First the chicken…..these were dust with kinders smoky garlic and sea salt then on the RT @ 265 (I got a late start) for 2 hours & a INT 160…..
View attachment 659689
They rested in the house oven @ 145 for about 30 min before slicing…..juicy goodness…..
View attachment 659690

the slices were then put over rice and topped with cabbage and then dressed with her glaze (I don’t know what went into it other than it was a chicken base with a light orange & ginger tone….

View attachment 659691

She also made a sesame oil aioli to dress it up…..
View attachment 659692

The finish was this Japanese veggie orange dressing dressed salad….. I know she purred celery and other veggies in the blender and it is thick but just a good fresh dressing flavor…..
View attachment 659693

I have to be honest that I want the cold weather to be done and for spring to show up, but I’m enjoying the concequences of my wife being a little bored…..lol
Bless y'all for these amazing combos. They look delicious and now I know exactly how to get the hubs to try curry!

Reactions: civilsmoker
Bless y'all for these amazing combos. They look delicious and now I know exactly how to get the hubs to try curry!
You are welcome! And yes adding smoked meat to a sauce will have him hooked before he even knows it…..

I didn't care for curry the first time I tried it, but, honestly have never really given it a proper chance. These meals make me want to give it another shot!

It all looks great!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky