Mother-n-Law was Overruled

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice cook . Looks like the right call to me .
Thank you very much, sounded good to me too.
Looks fantastic chili, hope your still with us after breaking the ranks,
I'm still here and still married... Dinner and the turkey was pretty good.
Thank you Jim.
Looks great! Probably worth a night on the couch.
Hah! My wife was in on it, not I... Thanks man.
Awesome looking bird and a great looking plate.
Just the wife me and 1 grandson so it was a small turkey breast in the oven with some sides. If we of had our usual dinner there would have been 32 of us.

Warren
Appreciate the compliment/like, thanks Warren.
When we've a full crowd, it's 20 +.

Great looking meal there Chili!
That bird looks awesome!
Al
Thank you Al.
Congrats. Everything looks delicious.
Appreciate it Rob.
Great looking bird! And plate of food... very nice! For a tame menu it still looked pretty fulfilling. I agree... sometimes MIL just needs to be put in place.

Ryan
Thanks Ryan,
nothing to do with putting her in her place, she just got overruled by her own kids mostly.
Chile out there smoking his turkey knowing he beat out the mother in law...

View attachment 472710

Great looking bird man. Rolled on in my SV24 yesterday too. Things are poultry machines. Whole meal looked great!
LMAO, it was nice to know that 70% of the crowd wanted smoked over roasted.
Been a couple of times the smoked turkey almost never made it off the cutting board.
Looks great. My MIL would not have complained...SHE bought my Offset Smoker because she liked Smoked meat...JJ
Thanks JJ... You're a lucky man.
Mine used to love smoked meats, would even buy the meat for me to smoke, but no longer.
That looks really nice. I should have tied the drum sticks together on mine for presentation on mine. Lots of great pics too.
I didn't do that for presentation, I did that trying to fit that big bird into my SV24.
It fit side to side but front to back, nope.
Crossing and tying the legs saved a couple of inches, then I literally shoved the door closed on them.
Beautiful piece of work Chile, huge Like! I'm thinking that Cajun Apple butter would really set that bird over the top, looks delicious! RAY
Thank you very much Ray.
That Cajun Apple Butter does have a real nice flavor.

I just noticed the Spatch bird with bound legs. I saw it was to fit the smoker, but it is a good idea anyway. The Thighs protect the small pointed ends of the Breast from overcooking and drying out...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky