Morton's Tender Quick Cure

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kueh

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 7, 2006
Red Deer, Alberta
Found some the other day and had a look at the ingredients. I was shocked to see propylene glycol as the last ingredient.

I wonder if the US version has this ingredient.

oops sorry....confused it with ethylene glycol aka automobile anitifreeze.

Answered my own post....
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has determined propylene glycol to be "generally recognized as safe" for use in food, cosmetics, and medicines. Like ethylene glycol, propylene glycol affects the body's chemistry by increasing the amount of acid. Propylene glycol is metabolized into lactic acid, which occurs naturally as muscles are exercised, while ethylene glycol is metabolized into oxalic acid, which is toxic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propylene_glycol

It is only my opinion, BUT, if you buy good meat, use a good rub and have a good idea how to use a smoker, you DO NOT flavor enhancers!!!
I may not know much about BBQ, it's just the way I do it.
Smoke On!!!!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky