1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Mortadella Time

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by nepas, Mar 11, 2019.

1. nepas

nepas Legendary Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Couple more pics.
    IMG_0048.jpg

Couple vacs to Texas and couple to a snow bird friend.
    IMG_0050.jpg

crazymoon and chopsaw like this.
  2. indaswamp

indaswamp Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Very nice...

3. nepas

nepas Legendary Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Thanks Y'all

4. nepas

Would you like a vac bag of the mortadella. I can slice or bring you a whole chub.

I'm taking my igloo. My sister picked up 10lbs of pork backfat and 2lbs of caul fat for me.

5. indaswamp

Yes, I would love some of your mortadella, that would be a treat! I'll bag you up a go plate of chopped beef for your lunch on the road....was going to put the shoulder clod on this morning but too windy and a strong line of storms coming. Will put it on in the am.

6. indaswamp

Sliced would be great! Thanks!

7. nepas

Great.. TY
    I been watching the weather close, going to try to do day driving so i can see whats going on.

Rick

8. nepas

Got the Mortadella all sliced up and vac bagging. Heading to Texas to give some to family and to LA hope to meet up with Indaswamp
    . IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

chopsaw likes this.
  9. chopsaw

chopsaw Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That looks really good . Great color and emulsion . I used an old stand mixer , lift off with beaters and spinning bowl , that did a good job . Need to try it again . I hear all trips to Texas have been detoured thru St. Louis . Better pack and extra vac bag of goodies .

10. crazymoon

crazymoon Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Rick, nice job as always, those babies look top notch. Enjoy your trip !