Mortadella Lyoner - Marianski

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's some fine looking sausage right there Rich.
Thanks bud . It's not gonna last long . Going through it pretty quick .

Rich Looks great to me I don't like the ones with the big pieces of fat.
I like it all , but this is really good . The stuff with the fat has to be sliced thin .
Thanks for lookin bud .

I hadn't considered using my SV for sausage until I read you post - twice. Great looking sausage! Thanks for sharing! Congrats on the carousel ride!

Reactions: chopsaw
I hadn't considered using my SV for sausage until I read you post - twice. Great looking sausage! Thanks for sharing! Congrats on the carousel ride!
Thanks for the comments . Those casings are high barrier / waterproof . Made for poaching or steaming . They won't take smoke . I really like the lunch meat type stuff and these work great for that .

Reactions: uncle eddie
Looks amazing Rich! Big like!
Thanks Steve . I'm ready to do another batch . I want to get the emulsion a little better . Texture and taste are spot on , and that's what really matters .

Dang, Rich; I don't know where I was Sunday but I totally missed this until I just noticed it on the merry-go-round! Nice!
I need to check out that recipe. Since she started that low sodium diet the Mrs. sorely misses her beloved balogna and I'll bet I could come up with a lower sodium version for her. I have 5# already cut up in the freezer. All I need are the casings.
I envy you that big kitchen and island, but I muddle through.
Fine post :emoji_thumbsup:

Reactions: chopsaw
Fine post
Thanks Dan .

Since she started that low sodium diet the Mrs. sorely misses her beloved balogna and I'll bet I could come up with a lower sodium version for her.
This one comes the closest to what I think of as Bologna . I know you can figure out a low salt version . Let me know what you do , or if any questions on what I did .
Thanks for lookin .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky