Mortadella Lyoner - Marianski

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great. I need to get back into it.
Thanks Adam . You should find some time . It nice being retired . All kinds of time for this stuff .

Mortadella Lyoner is one of my favorite bologna recipes. I make it with goose and pork. Yours looks spectacular! Very nice! I can almost taste it!
Thank you . Wish I could improve the look a bit , but the taste and texture are spot on . I love a good quality bologna .

Excellent pictorial, and I'm glad to see someone else who segregates and sanitizes the workspace.
Yup . Set up and function are key . It should be enjoyable , not a chore .
Thanks for the comments .

.amazing work bud. On my near future list.
Thanks Jake . Get started , you'll be hooked .

Wow! Well deserved ride! Lots of work for some beautiful results!
Thanks . Gets pretty easy after awhile . I have the rest of the pork to finish up today . 2.5 pounds of Italian and 3 pounds of breakfast sausage . I mixed it up when I did this . Just need to get it stuffed .

Great looking bologna Chop. Very nice step by step post.
Thanks . I appreciate that .

Your spoon is looking good, too
Lol . I've had those done for while . What a great project . I think I have 6 or so done . 2 more blanks on the bench , but had to sharpen my tools . I'l get ya some pics or maybe do a post .

Reactions: one eyed jack
That mortadella looks absolutely perfect Rich, that puts me right in the mood for a muffuletta sandwich!!

I love the setup you have going on too, the colored bowls and dry erase board is such a great idea. If I ever get a new house, it MUST contain a kitchen island.

Reactions: chopsaw
looks delicious!!
Thanks for the comment .

That mortadella looks absolutely perfect
The more it sits the better it gets . You can smell it when you open the fridge .
Thanks for the comment .

I love the setup you have going on too, the colored bowls and dry erase board is such a great idea
The whole space really functions great . Been thinking about a motion activated faucet .
I bought the white HDF board in a 4 ' x 8 ' sheet and cut to size , but you can buy it at a big box store in pre-cut sizes . Use it portable .

Looks killer Rich! Congrats on the ride too. Totally running some of this soon. I enjoy making fresh and sausages like this with SV more than smoked. Excellent strategy calling this Mortadella to win over the bologna haters. :emoji_laughing:

I’m shopping for a camera to improve my shots for posts and contests I enter.
Shoot me some DM of link of shots you like I might be able to help. Amateur photo nut. Good point on the filter but might just need to play around and tweak your phone's settings. I think phones are set up to make more flattering portraits and works against food/realistic shots.

I have found the part I need to get my bowl chopper up and running. It is on order...Mortadella is on the short list when it arrives.
Kinda funny, just found a blank plate I needed for my Champion talking with Rich about this. Whole lotta bologna gonna be happening here soon LOL.

Great write up and fantastic looking bologna Rich.

Point for sure
Chris

Oh yeah, I'll take my slice(s) fried.

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky