More Salmon to smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cmayna

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
Slow day on the ocean but yesterday I was able to wake the boat up with this 20 pounder. Tbe boat went north of the Golden Gate. Maybe a payback for all the smoked Salmon I brought on the boat to share.

78A200C8-FAA7-4798-947E-17C96D3D686E.jpeg

Last edited:
Big fish year around Dux, channel buoy and the Marin coastline for sure, it wasn't a limits every trip type of year, but the fish were huge. There were more 30 and 40 pounders caught this year then the last 3-5 years combined.

You lucked out, look how flat that ocean is in that pic.:emoji_astonished::emoji_thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies. Yes flat waters was very helpful. Grilled a couple pieces yesterday for dinner. Gave some away and the rest went into the Salmon freezer for future smokin'

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky