More pastrami...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Omak,Washington,U.S.A.
I was running low from the March batch so... I picked up a rump roast to try... Not as good as brisket but still edible.. One more valuable learning experience...
Brined in a zip bag for 10 days... Sliced in half for more surface area for spices and smoke.... rubbed with 2:1 ground coriander and ground black pepper.. stuck in the smoker with 3 flavor pellet dust...

Pastrami 5-17 002.JPG Pastrami 5-17 001.JPG Pastrami 5-17 005.JPG Pastrami 5-17 007.JPG Pastrami 5-19 002.JPG

Modifying my Chef's Choice slicer table sure helps to get thinner slices... Didn't do much for the flavor.. The first slices were WAAAAAY too thin... The slicer is now a VERY good slicer...
Next strami, I'm getting a thicker roast so the slices are bigger... It'll work...

Smoke at 110 ish.... to dry the surface, then add smoke for 3-4 hours.. Then raise temp to cook....

Dave that looks good to me,I have been thinking of using a London Broil to make one. LIKE
Richie

Reactions: daveomak
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky