More oxygen to flame.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Thatnoobguy

Original poster
Nov 17, 2019
Made a burner out of half in stainless tubing and drilled 1/16 in holes. Flame is coming out yellow how would I go about getting more oxygen to it?

Still need to drill more on middle tube.
Picture: https://ibb.co/SBqrW8D

You may need a regulator to match your burner
The picture you posted does not include where you designed in a adjustable air intake.
If you just have a solid pipe with no air intake you will never get a clean blue flame.
This website and others found online has custom burners and all the parts you will need to finish your burner or you will need to make something similar https://custompipeburners.com/Square-Pipe-Burners/12

I have the adjustable orifice valve similar to the one pictured which makes adjusting the flame easier and less sensitive than trying to adjust it at the regulator
The adjustable air intake is in this picture.
burner.jpg

Last edited:
I forgot to mention the pipe size you chose for this project may be too small, When you look at most propane burners they are generally large because of the amount of air they need to carry.

Ah I see, though it would be enough when it mixes coming out the orifice. The regulator I have now doesnt have air intake. I was a little worried that the pipe size would be to small. Will try it out with the proper air intake and if not good enough I will have to get bigger piping. Thank you sir.
20191117_114242.jpg

Ah I see, though it would be enough when it mixes coming out the orifice. The regulator I have now doesnt have air intake. I was a little worried that the pipe size would be to small. Will try it out with the proper air intake and if not good enough I will have to get bigger piping. Thank you sir. View attachment 411828
Yeah right now you are just burning pure fuel with only a small amount of air from the surrounding flames. once enclosed in any type of box you will quickly burn up the surrounding air choking out the flame entirely.
I would contact the company I listed a link for show them what your building and they should be able to help with orifice and regulator selection plus pipe size.
Consider making a 18" flared brass line extension to keep the heat away from the regulator hose.
Temperatures at the orifice connection point can exceed what that or any rubber hose is capable of enduring.

Yeah right now you are just burning pure fuel with only a small amount of air from the surrounding flames. once enclosed in any type of box you will quickly burn up the surrounding air choking out the flame entirely.
I would contact the company I listed a link for show them what your building and they should be able to help with orifice and regulator selection plus pipe size.
Consider making a 18" flared brass line extension to keep the heat away from the regulator hose.
Temperatures at the orifice connection point can exceed what that or any rubber hose is capable of enduring.
Will do, thanks again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky