More Grilled Pizzas w pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Some mighty fine looking pizza there John, Like! There's a ton of great dough recipes, you'll have fun experimenting to find which is the one for you. I do most of my pizzas in a 425º oven on a stone, but I'm going to try one on the Weber soon. RAY

Thanks Ray! You got to try one on the grill here soon! Throw the stone on and have some fun!

Reactions: JC in GB
great looking pizza John looks like ya nailed it, i've tried it a few times in the pitboss with mixed results. thinking now maybe I didn't run it hot enough. 350-400 range next time i'll try it around 500. any way i'll take mine with mushroom and onion please!

Thanks Jim! Yeah run it in the 450-500 range and see how it turns out for you.

Great looking pizza . I adjust cooking temps depending on the toppings . Fresh motz is awesome . The rest I grate myself . The bag cheese has a coating to keep it from sticking together .
Nice work on those .

I mix dough almost every Sunday . I might use half that day for bread or put it all in the fridge .
I can then use it thru the week for whatever .

Thanks Chop! I love the fresh motz. Learned to use whole milk mozz from a forum member here and it has helped out tremendously!

Thanks man! That looks like one hell of an epic pizza party! I would assume Acid was probably involved.

Safe assumption :emoji_joy:

67cdb571c08b5f56b2f947bbf428064c.gif
[/spoiler0

Nice job on the pizza! I like that first one the best, especially with the sliced mozzarella. I love how it looks when it melts.

I could honestly say Margherita pizza is my favorite kind, so even with the spinach, I’d tear that pizza apart.

Thanks Joe! I know you are peppered with pizza joints up north but you gotta make a couple pies one day!

Way cool John, looks like your getting ready to open up a Volunteer pizza shop? :emoji_laughing:

Point for sure.
Chris.

BTW: Is that all from one night?

Thanks Chris! Yeah all those pies were one night. We pounded out quite a bit and I had lunch for the next couple days...win win. Washed down with some cold Yuengling was hard to beat!

Some great looking pizzas! I'd help eat all of them. We have been using the dough recipe we got from chopsaw chopsaw It's awesome! And that's just in the oven...be even better on the grill

Ryan

Thanks Ryan! Make no mistake man you have pumped out some good looking pies in your day! I need to try Chop's recipe out for sure.

Holy smoke John!! Between you and that other John out there in AZ, y'all got me wanting to get back to making pizzas again. Made a few nice ones there for a while but went other directions cooking. None of mine looked as good as these but now I'm wanting to up my game and play with the big boys :emoji_wink: Great job buddy!!

Robert

Thanks Robert I appreciate it man! I am just waiting on you to show us how to make a pizza on the griddle :emoji_laughing:

Great looking pies, John! Dude...you gotta make your own dough. So easy, especially if you make the no knead/barely knead kind. It only takes a miniscule amount of timing.

Thank you Ray! I know it man I got to get on the dough. I am going to check out the low kneading recipes and see what I can come up with. Thanks!

I bought this thing off of amazon a few months ago. I think skyflame is the manufacturer. The first grilled pizzas I did just on the stones were getting burnt on the bottom and the top not getting done so this is kind of a mini oven. Deflects the hit back onto the top of the pizza so it cooks evenly with the bottom.
View attachment 449820
I get similar results by putting a sheet of foil on the upper rack of my CG Duo. not quite as good...but definitely aids in getting some heat back down on the top of the pizza. I may look into this contraption though, looks cool and it obviously works.

I get similar results by putting a sheet of foil on the upper rack of my CG Duo. not quite as good...but definitely aids in getting some heat back down on the top of the pizza. I may look into this contraption though, looks cool and it obviously works.

Never though of the foil deal but good idea! Kettle pizza sells one for a gas grill and then there is the one I bought by skyflame. I would say if you are pretty hand you could probably make one pretty easily.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky