More Grilled Pizzas w pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Any chance you would share your crust and or sauce recipe?
. tx smoker tx smoker tx smoker tx smoker has a great sauce recipe

Not too long ago I read here from somebody that they used San Marzano tomatoes and one other ingredient...I believe it was salt, for their sauce. Whoever it was, and I apologize for not remembering, seemed to be really knowledgeable and swore that those are the absolute best tomatoes for pizza sauce so I gave it a shot with the San Marzano tomatoes. He was right!! I mixed it up just a bit from his post though. Here's what I put in the sauce:

1 28 oz can San Marzano tomatoes
2 t fresh minced garlic
1 t kosher salt
1 t black pepper

Put it all in a blender and mix it up

So simple yet so good!! Without doubt, the best pizza sauce I've ever had.

Robert

If I had them I would be more than happy to share but this was just store bought dough and jarred sauce lol. tx smoker tx smoker has a great sauce recipe and chopsaw chopsaw has a killer dough recipe from what I hear.

Thanks for that. I love making pizzas but my crust and sauce , while good, always seem to leave me wanting.

JC
Not too long ago I read here from somebody that they used San Marzano tomatoes and one other ingredient...I believe it was salt, for their sauce. Whoever it was, and I apologize for not remembering, seemed to be really knowledgeable and swore that those are the absolute best tomatoes for pizza sauce so I gave it a shot with the San Marzano tomatoes. He was right!! I mixed it up just a bit from his post though. Here's what I put in the sauce:

1 28 oz can San Marzano tomatoes
2 t fresh minced garlic
1 t kosher salt
1 t black pepper

Put it all in a blender and mix it up

So simple yet so good!! Without doubt, the best pizza sauce I've ever had.

Robert

Wow, thanks for that. I like simple.... I am going to try that for my next sauce... Can't get much simpler.

JC :emoji_cat:

All of them look fantastic. My personal favorite is Pepperoni and cheese. But I'd happily take any of these you made. Thanks.

Mike

I use San Marzono right out of the can crushed up right on the dough . Just add salt .

So you're the one!! The guilty party that forever changed my approach to pizza sauce...and I thank you for it. I use the stuff for a lot more than just pizza sauce though. There's always a big tub in the fridge at all times. It goes great as a topping for Italian themed sandwiches, as well as a number of other things. Love that stuff for sure.

Robert

Reactions: JC in GB
So you're the one!!

I don't think it was me , because you said the guy knew what he was talkin about .
I used to use canned sauce and cook with some spice .
I saw Alex Guarnaschelli from food network do it . Tried it , and liked it .

I don't think it was me , because you said the guy knew what he was talkin about .

Actually what I said was the person "seemed to be knowledgeable". Perhaps you fooled me :emoji_wink: Being that I've only read one time about using San Marzano tomatoes it pretty much had to be you so I still stand behind my statement that you're the guilty party :emoji_laughing:

I saw Alex Guarnaschelli from food network do it . Tried it , and liked it .

I love ICAG!! She's pretty much my favorite celebrity chef.

Robert

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky