More Cast Iron skillets and a great side from the people here on the forum.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

clifish

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 25, 2019
Long Island, NY
I consider myself "creatively challenged" but love to modify cooks posted here. The creativity and openness of our members here is awesome....I have also been neglecting the kettle lately so brought the cook outside.

Today I did Roberts CI skillet ranchero enchiladas (again) and Hijack73 Hijack73 Deconstructed Stuffed Poblanos

I won't rehash the original skillet but will reference the threads below.

Started with Robert's tx smoker tx smoker

Cheesy CI Skillet Ranchero Enchiladas​

I have done this before and it is an incredible meal: my post below

Now onto Hijack73 Hijack73 deconstructed Stuffed Poblanos, he/she did not post pics so I did of my version (hint hear, we are simple people and pics...lol).

Started with chopped poblanos
1.jpg

Added the onions, garlic
4.jpg

cooking the sausage
2.jpg

mixed with a couple blocks of softened cream cheese, cumin, ancho chili powder, white pepper, few drops of lime juice, some chili lime rub, cheddar cheese and black pepper.
5.jpg

topped with sharp cheddar, green onions, fresh cilantro and semi cooked bacon
6.jpg

I would be negligent if I did not show the CI before it went on the kettle.
9.jpg

Decided I have been neglecting the kettle for a while and wanted some smoke on this. So fired it up with some lump, hickory with one basket. So while it was heating up, my smoking buddy "Brooklyn" was watching over a couple IPA's on the beer pillar
IMG_4104.jpg

While the kettle was heating up I jumped in the pool and admired how nice the bannana plants came in by the pond and fed the koi.
7.jpg

8.jpg

Well Brooklyn watched the kettle and told me it was time to put the food on.
10.jpg

On the kettle for some heat and a bit of smoke...was nice to keep the heat outside.
11.jpg

Done and ready to eat
12.jpg

I have to say this was a crazy flavor bomb meal, I already knew Robert's part was incredible ( done it multiple times and versions). Have to say Hijack73 Hijack73 Deconstructed Stuffed Poblanos was the total bomb! over the tp, crazy good and easy. I have done similar stuffing the peppers but this was so easy to make and serve.

This is why I love this place, everyone is so open and encouraging whether you fail or crank on a cook.

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Looks/sounds really good Cliff, and it's nice to see that beer pillar in use.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: clifish
I need me a pillar...or a post...or a pedestal...or something. See what you've started, Chris...🤣

Cliff, the food looks really good...

Fine looking meal there Cliff!
I’m sure both guys are very proud of you rendition of their dishes.
I sure would dive into both of them!
Nice work!!
Al

Holy Cow! That is a beautiful rendition of both of those cooks. Now you got me thinking about my off day monday! I see a trip to Kroger in my future!
Jim

Thanks everyone, I did not know this posted yesterday, when I went to post I hit a different button and everything disappeared. Glad I did not have to re-type it.

It turned very good, will certainly be doing various versions in the future. Maybe adding some pulled pork to the poblano mix?

It was nice to use the kettle again, I need to put the spinner to use and spin another duck. I have also been backing away from the beer pillar lately as I started putting some weight on. So trying to stay dry during the week, but that is tough during the summer.

Thanks again for all the comments, look forward to everyone else's cooks for me to copy...lol

Also, now I realized what was lost last night...the Title to the thread. Change made.

Nice Cliff . I've been really busy , and haven't fired up any grills in weeks .
I book marked this to take a better look later . Nice work bud , and great looking homestead .

Holy cow Cliff. That is an over-the-top, out-of-the-park, game-winning grand slam home run!! I am honored that you found the CI enchiladas justifiable to make, especially multiple times. gotta admit though, that poblano dish looks and sounds amazing. I've read a few threads here while Tracy is getting all dolled up to head into town for some groceries and have modified the shopping list three times....including stuff to make the poblano dish. Beautiful job my friend!!
This is why I love this place, everyone is so open and encouraging whether you fail or crank on a cook.
Can't agree more. I've done a couple of dishes this week that were spoofs on meals I've seen done here. This place is pretty awesome.

Robert

Cliff,
Your cook is a match made in heaven.
Nice job.

Stu
Thanks Stu
Nice Cliff . I've been really busy , and haven't fired up any grills in weeks .
I book marked this to take a better look later . Nice work bud , and great looking homestead .
Yeah Rich Thanks, same here with lack of time. Bonnie is out of town till tonight taking our daughter back to school at ECU in NC. She was not thrilled when I showed her the pics of the meal she is missing. At least my son and his friends ate well.

I will have to make it up to her Sunday for her Birthday. Thinking of getting some sushi grade tuna steaks to do on the griddle?

Holy cow Cliff. That is an over-the-top, out-of-the-park, game-winning grand slam home run!! I am honored that you found the CI enchiladas justifiable to make, especially multiple times. gotta admit though, that poblano dish looks and sounds amazing. I've read a few threads here while Tracy is getting all dolled up to head into town for some groceries and have modified the shopping list three times....including stuff to make the poblano dish. Beautiful job my friend!!

Can't agree more. I've done a couple of dishes this week that were spoofs on meals I've seen done here. This place is pretty awesome.

Robert
Just another of many I have bookmarked from you, thanks. Have to give credit to Hijack73 Hijack73 for the rest. I can't wait to see what you turn it into?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky