More Canadian Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hmmmm, thanks for the idea Lisa! LOL!!

I find my electric knife handy, like I said I even use it when butchering....it cuts meat like butter.
biggrin.gif

Lisa, the one I have right now is a GE....I've been through several over the years, but this one has lasted awhile.
They aren't very expensive and if they quit, you aren't out much money.

Good luck with your slicing, hope it goes well for you.
icon_smile.gif

Is Cow Patty/girl from Mars?[/quote]
No Daryle, Men are from Mars, women are from Venus
icon_biggrin.gif

LisaCSCO;124038 said:
thats why you should have stuck with the Colorado girl!! But I see you've been tryin' to run around on me!!

gotta get my guns
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

Lisa honey, you told me that you wouldn't leave the Dougster and move to MT, besides, I need a new pickup and Patty makes more money than you do, I need the top of the line Dodge.
icon_biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif

cowgirl;124061 said:
LOL! Terry....I have changed my evil ways...will you ever forgive me?
icon_lol.gif

yes honey, I forgive ya. Geez I'm nice! haha P.S. I ain't cheap, but I can be had.
icon_razz.gif

LisaCSCO;124062 said:
Terry dont listen to her!! She is an evil, evil girl!! She will brine and cook you over a fire!!

haha Lisa, the jokes on her, she'd be better off eatin her boot.
redface.gif

Cowgirl

That looks perfect! So when is breakfast? I like mine sliced thinnerer to not so hammy and easier to make sammies from! Great job and great photos!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I got some brining for Christmas presents not sure if I should slice them thin or thick or maybe both?

Thank you Debi! I like mine sliced thin too.
I just finished making eggs benedict with the bacon......sure was good, but I couldn't even eat half of it. I guess my eyes were bigger than my stomach.
icon_lol.gif

Thank you wwin.
smile.gif

I pulled this batch out at 160 and let it rest before slicing.

Sorry - I just realized I missed a whole lot between your first post and mine. Still that looks great and I am going to have to give it a try. Was the Mortons cure a packaged cure or are you just talking about mixing salt with sugar?

No problem wwin.
biggrin.gif

It was just the tenderquick and sugar combination on the dry cure.
1TBS tenderquick + 1 tsp of sugar mixed together per pound of meat.
Sprinkle to coat and shake off any access.

Cowgirl

Do you use the same amount of Mortons in the brine as you do for the rub? ie 1 oz per pound?

Jeff

jeff, when using cure's, follow package instructions TO THE LETTER........it will say on the package of tender quick.......least mine does

me also cajun........getting ready to put mine in the smoker now........coated in resturant grind CBP.........

i know what corn meal is.....not sure of peameal, and what do they bring to the smoke/meat?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky