• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Moonshiners Smoke Ring chicken

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
Just finished watching Moonshiners Smoke Ring chicken contest. Man that chicken looked good! Would love those mopping recipes. Know what I will be making next week. Anyone have a recipe that not a family secret they want to share?

mlk18

Fire Starter
Joined May 1, 2020
This is not my recipe, but I found it somewhere online years ago and have been using it as my basic mop sauce every since. I am typing this from memory, but I am pretty sure this is dead on.

3/4 qt apple cider vinegar
1/4 qt apple juice
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp rosemary
1 tst salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp white pepper
1 tsp red pepper flakes
5 bay leaves
1.5 tsps poultry seasoning

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
This is not my recipe, but I found it somewhere online years ago and have been using it as my basic mop sauce every since. I am typing this from memory, but I am pretty sure this is dead on.

3/4 qt apple cider vinegar
1/4 qt apple juice
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp rosemary
1 tst salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp white pepper
1 tsp red pepper flakes
5 bay leaves
1.5 tsps poultry seasoning
That sounds pretty good. Maybe add some lemon? I been searching several and this looks good. Might try finish in white sauce.

forktender

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 10, 2008
Just finished watching Moonshiners Smoke Ring chicken contest. Man that chicken looked good! Would love those mopping recipes. Know what I will be making next week. Anyone have a recipe that not a family secret they want to share?
I've never even heard of this contest, now I have something new to watch.
Thanks, Brian.
Dan

forktender

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 10, 2008
Damn, I don't have Discovery+ is there another way to watch these?

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
I got the Discovery Plus without the commercials . Changes the way you watch TV .
What's the name of the show ?
Maybe add some lemon?
Pop's brine with a 1/2 tsp lemon extract . Soak 24 / 48 hours . Cook at higher temp .

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
I got the Discovery Plus without the commercials . Changes the way you watch TV .
What's the name of the show ?

Pop's brine with a 1/2 tsp lemon extract . Soak 24 / 48 hours . Cook at higher temp .
Moonshiners Smoke Ring

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.