Monday “Plate” Night!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
It was one of those “Mondays” so needed a little comfort food…… in reality as I was looking in the fridge I noticed the vac pack had got poked and had air in them…… well they weren’t going to last till the weekend so in the smoker they went…..

I didn’t get any in progress shots as was in a rush but used my new brisket/chuck approach….. ran them at 265 for 5 1/2 hours….. when the INT was at 198 I tested and still too firm so ran them to INT of 203 and jello……. Then they got wrapped and in the house oven @170 till dinner time at 7 (2 hour rest at temp). They were dressed with some roots and buttered rice with a soy glaze that was a combination of soy, coke, raw sugar, butter,and my Asian rub then slightly thickened.

Not to bad for a Monday rush meal……

The slice…..nothing but happy Monday dreams!
63AA7C61-C561-4064-AACB-D6CCAB3D521F.jpeg

I diamond scored them and dusted with my Asian rub……
51DA2CFE-0F6C-45AC-A185-0566EB786169.jpeg

The full “plate”…….
291347A5-CEAF-4F7B-BB24-13AF71922AEC.jpeg

B6ECBE7F-57AD-4178-9C61-509913D7C322.jpeg

This is a pure “plate” money!
E235FB72-3612-4AF8-8811-455C78A9172E.jpeg

I ran these on the bottom rack of the RT 1250 and had to at a pic of the underside…..I chewed on this…..yum!
EA27B77E-9F9A-4962-ADE6-00391E3E1209.jpeg

PS I’m skipping breakfast and lunch tomorrow…..

That be a great plate for a Saturday let alone a Monday. Nicely done Civil. With all those carrots we'll have to start calling you Bugs.

Point for sure
Chris

• Haha
Reactions: motocrash
That’s a great looking dish Civil, something I would love to belly up too! I’m liking those carrots too, I’ve been on a roasted carrot kick lately.

Fantastic looking meal! Huge like!
Many thanks push!
looks so good, would love that for a meal any day of the week!!
thanks tbern, it was a nice way to start the week for sure!
That be a great plate for a Saturday let alone a Monday. Nicely done Civil. With all those carrots we'll have to start calling you Bugs.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris.....Oh I started peeling roots and well I couldn't leave just 3 in the bag.... oh and they are good for your eyes right....LOL
Wow! That is some good looking stuff!
Jim
Thanks Jim!

Fantastic !
Much appreciation chop!
A wonderful dish to see Civil, nice work! RAY
Thanks Ray, for a quick smoke it worked out pretty good...
That’s a great looking dish Civil, something I would love to belly up too! I’m liking those carrots too, I’ve been on a roasted carrot kick lately.
Many thanks XR.... Yea a little olive oil, seasonings (kinders buttery steak house in this case) and 16 min at 375 convection roast.... then finished with butter.... tasty and easy!
Good stuff! Great pics! Good way to start off the week
Thanks CTXSL! The only issue is I expect another day off before going back to work....LOL

Yes Sir, that glaze just takes it over the top!
That mixed with the richness of the beef must of been incredible.
And as mentioned strong work for a weekend cook much less a Monday!

Wow, that plate looks fantastic. I'd never really thought about large beef ribs being done Asian style but I gotta admit, you've got the cogs turning. I'm considering breaking down one of my beef bellies and doing burnt ends this weekend. Now I'm thinking along the lines of what you have done. That is very impressive!!

Robert

Yes Sir, that glaze just takes it over the top!
That mixed with the richness of the beef must of been incredible.
And as mentioned strong work for a weekend cook much less a Monday!
CP many thanks. Yes the glaze makes it sing for sure. I didn't measure any thing, its basically the marinade for korean short ribs. I add some chicken stock (I did that above not for the marinade) 1/4 cup ish soy about a 1/2 can of coke then my rub and then raw sugar till its the right sweetness 3 ish Tbsp, then a little starch slurry and reduce to a syrup. About 15-19 min make....
Looks fantastic, now I'm really hungry, thanks
Thanks Jim and glad I could help out with the appetite!
Wow, that plate looks fantastic. I'd never really thought about large beef ribs being done Asian style but I gotta admit, you've got the cogs turning. I'm considering breaking down one of my beef bellies and doing burnt ends this weekend. Now I'm thinking along the lines of what you have done. That is very impressive!!

Robert
Many thanks Robert! Oh Asian style beef is perfection in my book! We have been doing lots of thin cut short ribs on the gasser... so we just did them on a larger scale above.... Here is a plate of the short ribs from last week. They were marinated in the "glaze" and grilled for 6 mins (3/side) on the sear zone of the weber....... These are pure meat candy!
0A32B5FA-6DB0-446D-956C-1BE1BC1C9D70.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky