Mold inoculation

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Should work very well... Mold has been known to migrate from the walls of the chamber to the meat also...

On the "devils advocate side"... The molds you purchased were grown in a sterile environment... Harvesting the mold "could" contain weird strains of other molds.... OR... Maybe the mold found a "partner" and did some cross breeding ??? I have NO idea if that is even remotely possible.. It is early here... second cup of cofefe..

Do you have a fan gently moving air in the chamber ??? Air movement "may" move any spores to the naked meat... If they have "matured"... Air movement also dries the meat surface "enough" to assist in preventing transient mold growth..
So, one might defeat the other... Mold, as I have read, needs a moist surface to take root...
As I reread the above, I have concluded I don't know squat about molds...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky