Modern Marvels

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ba_loko

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 11, 2007
Broken Arrow, OK
There is a new Modern Marvels coming on the History Channel at 7:00pm CST. Their topic is "The Pig", including curing hams, bacon, smoking, etc. I thought some of y'all would find it to be of interest.

On edit, here is what the TV Guide listing shows: [font=Verdana,Sans-Serif]

The Pig
Some say pigs are as smart as 3-year-old humans; turning pigs into bacon, ham, ribs and sausage; boar semen collection; the use of pig organs in medicine.
[/font]

Hey kevin did you see the one about the BBQ cook offs and long established resteraunts? it's on tonite at 10.

You're welcome! Yes, Jeremy. I've seen that one, and I'll likely watch it again tonight. It's a good one.

Just check the listings and BBq Tech comes on at 11:00pm thanks for the tip
Redbrinkman1955
Good Luck and Good Smoking
icon_razz.gif

I hear ya Dee, this is making me want to stay up but was looking forward to getting to bed earlier than 11 tonight. Oh well, we shall see.....

Thanks for the info on those shows all. I love watching all I can on this subject.

For those of you who don't, Should invest in a DVR. I haven't watched either shows but they recorded on the DVR in HD. That way I can watch it when I'm alone with no distractions!

No HD here........ yet, LOL.... but I do have a cable box hooked to the hard drive for all my cable tv recording... awesome!!!
icon_wink.gif

Anyone else have every episode of Diners, Drive-in's and Dive's recorded?
icon_mrgreen.gif

-Bacon Grease

PIGS should be saluted and highlighted: Ham, Ham Bone, Pork Chop, Pork Loin, Bacon, Side Pork, Pork Ribs, Canadian Bacon, Pepperoni, dah... Sausage, I know I am missing out on 50 other en'trees a pig provides but before I close may I say sausage casings !!!

D,D & D's is a great show, I love to be that dude, cept I would wear my sunglasses forward, but hey what ever. Tha show is good entertainment.

I did watch the show about pigs untill it got to cookin brain and other offal, I just had to turn it then. I know, I am a sissy!

Mmmm Pork Rib Pigcicles.. Gotta thank those pigs for giving up meat with its own stick.... Where's Clyde???
icon_twisted.gif
icon_twisted.gif
icon_twisted.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky