Mississippi Chuck Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Finally cold enough to do some cold smoking. Cold smoked a Chuck roast with some cherry pellets in the 6” AmazeN Smoker pellet tube in the 14.5 WSM. Was 20f entire time of smoke.
Marinated the smoked roast Henderson’s relish for 8 hours. Then cooked.

Mississippi chick roast and oven roasted veggies. I made the roast in my Ogallalla Cream Can. Did sear it in the field #10.

Mississippi pot roast can be done in a Dutch oven but it takes 4-8 hours.

2-4 pound chuck roast
1 packet au jus
1 packet ranch dressing
1 16oz jar sliced pepperoncini (juice and all)
1 onion sliced
1 stick of butter
1 32oz box of beef broth or beef bone broth.

Mix all ingredients in your Dutch oven.

Sear all sides of roast in oiled CI pan. Alternatively you could do this in the Dutch oven. Then add other ingredients.

Place in 200f oven until the roast is fall apart tender.

I used the cream can on the stove top. It works like a low pressure, pressure cooker. So it only takes 2 hours to cook.

Made a simple gravy with the cooking stock.

4D9C49E7-C8D5-431E-908C-77C189E0FAEF.jpeg

D7D1A2B0-A3CA-47AC-8FCC-81E67338F55E.jpeg

0563BFB2-C527-4508-86F7-6F5ABF9AA481.jpeg

33B89E0E-EB98-429D-B455-EECADB8E6552.jpeg

5B8D3810-2CA4-48C3-A79D-1B235433AA0A.jpeg

64838CB9-96B9-428D-9BB1-2AE9A4702AEB.jpeg

65869DAA-AEA0-4770-8D72-EB6BBE7D62B0.jpeg

Man that sure looks good! Im a big fan of cold smoking roasts in the winter. Ive done them over night then a quick sear and into the crock pot for the day. I like your use of the cream can!

Looks great! I'm a big fan of Mississippi pot roast. Sure wish it got cold enough here for me to cold smoke an uncured roast overnight...

I'll be doing a smoked/sous vide rump roast for turkey day....

Looks great! I'm a big fan of Mississippi pot roast. Sure wish it got cold enough here for me to cold smoke an uncured roast overnight...

You can do Mississippi roast Sous vide too. Have done it many times. Put all the ingredients in the bag. Set for 180 cook for 8-12 hours. Comes out awesome.

If I did an overnight cold smoke on a roast, I'd have to thaw it out again before I cooked it the next day. LOL
Gary

All I can say is WOW!! That looks stunning...absolutely fantastic!! Doesn't appear that you could have done it any better. I don't however envy you folks in the cold weather climates. I'm still running around in swim trunks, no shirt, no shoes and trying not to break a sweat lighting the grill. Aw shucks...the AC just kicked on again:emoji_laughing:

Robert

All I can say is WOW!! That looks stunning...absolutely fantastic!! Doesn't appear that you could have done it any better. I don't however envy you folks in the cold weather climates. I'm still running around in swim trunks, no shirt, no shoes and trying not to break a sweat lighting the grill. Aw shucks...the AC just kicked on again:emoji_laughing:

Robert
I run around like that in the house! If we gewt too hot all we need to do is crack a window open for 30 seconds! Double bonus the garage acts as another fridge. I could hang a side of beef out there all winter if I wanted too! Never have to worry about your beer getting warn either!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky