Minion method

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokie bill

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
I have read in several places on this forum the term "minion method" in reference to charcoal smoking.  Just what is this anyhow?   Bill

Do you think this method will work with an offset firebox or is intended to be used in smokers like the WSM?    Bill

Thanks guys.  I'm gonna try this on my next smoke which will probably be on Christmas day.  It will be such a relief to be able to control the heat without having to check on it every 30 minutes or so.  I use the Smoke Daddy smoke generator, so I don't have to be constantly messing with that phase & can produce a nice constant smoke.  Heck, if this Minion Method really works, I might not even have to do anything except put the meat on.  Naw, it can't be that easy.  Besides if ya don't mess with it a little, it takes the fun out of smokin'.     Bill

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky