Mini-WSM what size nipples

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

eppo

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
Lindenhurst, NY
So the one problem I would like to solve with my Mini-WSM is the bottom vent. what i'm going to do is try and create airflow similar to the UDS builds. So i'm going to put 3 nipples with caps, and one ball valve on it. I think i might run to home depot to get the nipples/caps on my lunch break.

Should I use 1" diameter nipples? I think i have extra ball valves in my garage somewhere so i'm just going to try and use them.

Hoping for a stable temp from about 225-325. So I can do at least ribs and chicken on it.

any opinions would be great.

Thanks

Joe

I think you're re-engineering the wheel a little bit. The beauty of these little cookers is their simplicity. I'd bite the bullet and just spend the $30 on a Smokey Joe Gold and be done with it. It has the air vents in the right place and requires no modification. Or, lots of folks have had success with the "dog dish mod" on the silver. I can appreciate your ingenuity and desire to make it work, I just fear you're headed down the road to spending more on mods than it would have cost to do it right in the first place. Good luck with whatever you decide, and let us know how it turns out!

I already have it built, so i'm looking to make it better. should only be a few bucks for the nipples.... or i can always do the "drill the holes and close em with magnets" thing too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky