Mini Green Egg

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chris88

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 3, 2008
Louisiana
Hi everyone, I am thinking about getting a mini green egg. It's just me and my wife at the house. Can any one tell me about the pro's and con's about the mini. 

Chris from what I have heard the only Con is capacity.

Yea they are tiny thats for sure. Not that I want to stear you away from this great forum but there are some Big Green Egg forums that are specifically all about BGE you may want to do some research there before you make  your purchace. Then get your butt back to the SMF. hahaha

Yea they are tiny thats for sure. Not that I want to stear you away from this great forum but there are some Big Green Egg forums that are specifically all about BGE you may want to do some research there before you make  your purchace. Then get your butt back to the SMF. hahaha
Thanks my friend I love this place I am not going any where.  I am just looking around. I hear a lot about the big one's. I was just trying to see if the mini works as good. But on the other hand if I buy another grill my wife will shoot me.

We have been using the BGE cookers for a while. My wife just won her a new Mini BGE this weekend. She loves cooking on it. I cook on a XL BGE and find that many times for just the two of us it is over kill. The mini has been great so for for our dinners. 3 chicken breasts, and two thick cut pork chops lasts night. Granted on my XL i can do a whole dinner, but sometimes its nice to just do a little. Has the Lump consumption on the Mini. A handful of lump is still in the mini. It should last about 5 cooks. Depending on how hot you cook it, but around 350-450 you could get a week out of just the hand full of cooking nightly. :) Now the XL is a differant story all together ;) Here is a small video of the mini :) 

Last edited:
Those eggs are truly amazing. I have seen some cooking demos with them and no one has anything bad to say about them at all.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky