Michigan Practice Cook (Apr 25-26), Eagle, MI

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey, I might be there, I havent decided yet or not if I can make it or not
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

I wanna win that fancy painted burn barrel some guy donated, so I am gonna be there!Probably roll in late afternoon on friday! There is a party stor nearby right?
biggrin.gif

Theresa
I will be coming down for the practice cook entering both the Friday and Saturday events..I will be using a BBQBubba "UDS"...Just born last weekend and has already seen a pork butt,ribs,sausage and ham steaks with a brisket and some chicken set for this weekend. Should be a great time in Eagle...Can't wait to put some faces to the names...Hope to see many of the other forum guests/members out there!!!!

That is great news!! Look forward to meeting you and your bro?
Finally get a chance to show ya a Drum and how it works.
wink.gif

I'll bring an extra bottle of bourbon!!
cool.gif

Yeah...Might even barrow one o dem dere drums... or buy one. You got an extree? I still need a mid-size.

And no such thing as "extra" Bourbon. LOL!

Yep, right at the park entrance where ya turn left after exiting the freeway.
Called Swapmers and they have beer and liquor.

Sounds good bull. I think I am still comming, one week, the team is in, the next they are out, the next they don't know,If I don't come to cook, I'll at least be there on sat to shake a few hands and mooch some of the winning grub! Who knows, I might even tow the Lang up there just to keep the wife from selling it while I am gone!Whats the hotel/motel situation around there?

Wooo Hooo..getting closer now and I'm getting all physced up..
biggrin.gif
Jeff and White Cloud, hope you can make it by to say howdy!

Cool Danny!!! I'll save you that spot
wink.gif

Heck yeah....bring the Lang and crank her up....I bet there will be plenty of poeple there who would love to give you a hand. As far as a hotel/motel is concerned I know there are plenty very close...Bull can answer that one better than me...I'm sure he will be along soon to answer you.

Looking foward to meeting all of you and having a great time.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Well after a few death threats to Richtee, His brother and he are back on track, and we have a team."Three men and a Butt" will be us!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_lol.gif
. Before ya rag on rich any, It was my idea, just off the cuff, as we are talkin this morning.
I am looking forward to meeting a bunch of folks from here and other areas of interest. This will be my first time competing, and /or meeting/cooking with richtee. It should be interesting. I doubt that any of the other teams have too much to worry about. It's all about the fun and fellowship as far as I am concerned, and I think the other two feel about the same.

So save a spot for "Three Men and a Butt"!, I think we are gonna have a trailer(for sleeping,prep work) the Lang 60, and a couple cookers that Rich has got.

I have questions though. What are we doing with all this food? Are we feeding the public, selling it to those who want to buy it, or just takin it back home?

Is there many other folks who come by, or is the majority of the people at the fairgrounds just the teams?

How many are signed up to compete now?
would it be possible to have a brief review of last years event and standings! I want to know who to keep an eye on!
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

Thanks for any answers.

Sounds like a great time, guys. Wish I could come by and watch . . .and maybe eat . . .and, okay, maybe drink a little too. Long drive from Northern California though.

Have fun.

Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky