Michigan Practice Cook (Apr 25-26), Eagle, MI

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tonto1117

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 25, 2007
ADA, MI
The GLBBQA(Great Lakes BBQ Association) is pleased to announce that we will be holding a Practice Cook on April 25 and 26 at The Eagle Park in Eagle MI.

Shake off the Winter blues, tune up the pit and join us for a fun Practice Cook. Arrive Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. Turn in all 4 meats or compete with meats you can cook on Saturday. In any event, we will have judging on Saturday at the traditional turn in times and cash awards and prizes in all four categories. Not to mention "Bragging Rights"!! Judging will conform to KCBS style rules.

$$ Amounts will be based upon the number of people that enter:
Raffles will also be held for some great prizes!!!!

We need Judges!! Please contact Theresa or Michael if you would like to be a Judge.

Eagle Park will open on Friday afternoon and has restrooms, water (please bring your own water container), trash receptacles, ash cans, and limited electricity. In addition, they have a full kitchen facility. The park is lighted.

Turn in: Noon – Chicken
12:30 PM – Ribs
1:00 PM – Pork
1:30 PM - Brisket

Come on out for a great time!!
Hope to See you in April!

[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Questions?? E-Mail: Mike Terry at [email protected] or Theresa Munroe at [email protected] Subject: GLBBQA April Cook off. [/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Proceeds to benefit GLBBQA Charities. [/font]
Entry fee: Saturday = $35.00
Friday and Saturday = $50.00

Hi All. I also wanted to let you know we will have great raffles for the cookoff!!! We will be raffling off a FREE entry into the Taste of Grand Rapids KCBS event in July. We will also be raffling off a custom made Drum Smoker compliments of Steve Coddington(BBqBubba), as well as some other great goodies! It is also a good time to get your feet wet in the competition world without spending a lot of money. The unique setup allows for you to cook either 2 days (4 meats), like a real KCBS event, or one day (Ribs and Chicken).Hope to see and meet some of you there!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Ya beat me to it darlin...Hope to see some Michigan SMF members show up for this.
Gonna be some nice smokers on hand and a chance to meet some great people and maybe even pick up a few tips!!
Also heard some bonehead decided to donate a brand new Drum smoker for a raffle prize!!
If ya can't come Friday, come Sat. morning and cook some ribs. It'll be a great experience! I'm sure we'll be looking for some judges also.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Where is eagle michigan?

I can probably go on sat for sure, but friday is the wifes B-day, so I hafta see what she says before I commit to friday. I would enjoy meeting a few of the characters from this place, without driving 4 states away to do so.

Looks like it is NW of Lansing. I can get there in 75-90 minutes. I will plan on sat for sure, gonna check on Fri!
smile.gif

exit 84 south of I-96 just west of Lansing - just looked at google

I am a noob so won't compete but if I can get out there, I would like to so I can learn.

i am planning on attending, but i think i would like to participate in the judging...

are the judges able to win the raffle prizes as i sure would like a bubba drum smoker..lol
PDT_Armataz_01_14.gif

If anyone is interested in cooking or judging please shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] so I can put you down on the list and/or send you a entry form. It will be a nice laid back event and alot of fun!! FYI..... alcohol is allowed and there's a party store right down the street...
cool.gif

LOL...Yes, judges can enter for the raffles as well as the cooks. Everyone except Bubba
eek.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif

Ill be there to cook also.

The event is at the Eagle Park/Fairgrounds.

The driveway to the park is just south of the freeway exit and next to the big recycling dumpsters.
Turn and drive to the east end of the park.

Mike

I really want to make this event, but the wifes birthday is the 25th, and I think she would kill me in my sleep if she didn't get a "lil" captain on her b-day!
icon_eek.gif

But if there is anyone who could use a hand on sat, or would like some company, I would drive up to spend the day!
cool.gif

I sure hope so....this has been thee MOST horrible winter I can remember
PDT_Armataz_01_33.gif

Bumping this up again folks. We have 8-9 teams now and hoping for a few more. Come on....wouldn't you be proud to take one of these beauties home??? Engraved of course...
icon_mrgreen.gif

ct903gd8.jpg

Hope to see some of you there!!

That means I might be able to get a top 10 finish!
PDT_Armataz_01_02.gif

I'll start begging a lil more and see if I can get permission. I will be there on sat for sure.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky