MES30 and Pit Barrel Hanging Skewers?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jeremy Lee

Original poster
Nov 8, 2018
Hey all,

Was interested in experimenting with smoking al pastor or even gyros in the future and was curious if anyone has tried using those Pit Barrel hanging skewers w/ regular meat hooks hung from the top-most rack:
https://www.pitbarrelcooker.com/product/pbc-10-skewers-4x/

I think the 10" skewers would fit just right - anything bigger probably would be too long.

Has anyone tried anything like this before or think it would work out?

Hmm. I cook enough gyros to justify such a purchase ;)

My question is: do those come with the hangar bracket shown in picture two (in the smoker) but not in picture three (in the blister pack)?

Those look pretty slick though.

Nice! How do you make your gyros? I've never tried it before. The meat hooks/hangers don't come with the skewers - you have to buy those separately. But I'd imagine you could get a stainless steel S-hook or similar meat hook from a restaurant supply store or even Home Depot/Lowes and use that to hang the skewer. I'm probably gonna go the route of the threaded stainless steel rod/washers/nuts attached to an old pie tin. Just gotta make sure I wash everything *well* before threading any meat on it lol.

Well as of right now I'm cheating and using ground lamb and making it sort of meatloaf style. This is primarily because I don't have a verticle cooking system for using fresh slices of lamb.

This may change that :-)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky