MES or similar smoker available in Europe?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nizztos

Original poster
Oct 3, 2011
Not sure if everyone here is north american or if there are any europeans lurking here but maybe someone knows about this.

I'm looking for an insulated electric smoker. Where I live, in Sweden, the only one I can find is Bradley. I might go for that if I could find just the cabinet but they all seem to come with the smoke generator that I don't like. I want to go the a-maze-n route.

My requirements are for both cold smokes and hot smokes all the way up to 250ish (for pulled pork). I might get better BBQ from my WSM but I only have space for one smoker and I dont fancy doing cold smokes in the WSM (especially winter time), so this one would replace the WSM.

Does anyone know if the Masterbuilt can be had in Europe? Any similar brands that does exist here, apart from the Bradley?

Failing that does anyone know of a retailer of the MES in the US that will ship to Europe? Would be truly expensive shipping (+ customs and taxes) but pretty sure it would still be less expensive than the basic Bradley as they start at aprox $650, for the Original, here.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Sounds like a fridge build might be cheaper.
sawzall.gif

Last edited:
Sounds like a fridge build might be cheaper.
sawzall.gif
I had discarded the fridge build early on due to the fact that I can pretty  much only find "modern" houshold fridges here. I.e thin metal shell and plastic inside. Possibly I should rethink this as I would at least get a base to work from. Think I will create a new post in the build forum to ask about my options there.
Here's a link to a supplier in the UK, but it say's Out of Stock

http://www.sausagemaking.org/acatalog/Smokers_and_Accesories.html

You could drop them a line and see if they are restocking soon.

I do know someone in Stockholm that smokes. I could ask him if he knows of anything local.
Thanks, I will take a look at those. I take it those are not MES but similar in construction? All I care about really.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky