MES Gen help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nutshell

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 9, 2018
Hoping the MES guys can chime in on this. So, after several issues with my MES 140B (black, no window base model), Masterbuilt sent me a new smoker. The internals look quite a bit different then my current model. This unit is at least 10 pounds heavier.
C15A85E6-7A8F-4E21-8AE5-88EB0259515F.jpeg

73DB3380-6F86-4AA9-BB29-B0115581C4C6.jpeg

Correct. Is this a Gen 1?
Maybe this will help. I found this answer on Amazon,

"what is the difference between old and new generation?

Answer:
The controller is top/back on the old gen and up front on the new. The door hinges are weak on the new model and the new model has a small waterpan/drip pan. Biggest difference is the older models, model numbers end in 10 and 11 work very well. The new version, model number end in 12 has had many problems from Coils that don't shut off and catch fire to controllers that won't even turn on. see less
By Chef Jimski on May 11, 2014
I would like to know also confused
By John D. on October 2, 2013
One of the most important differences is that on the Gen 1 units, the exhaust vent is located on the top right, whereas on the Gen 2, it is located on the side. Due to this, the Gen 1 units offer better airflow, which keeps the smoke moving, which is important in preventing creosote from accumulating on the food. Furthermore, this helps the Gen 1 units maintain more even temperature distribution inside the unit, from top to bottom and side to side. see less
By Nerdhead on September 12, 2016"

Any known issues with a Gen 1? I currently have a 2.5 and it’s great. It really seems like the build quality on this on is way nicer. The stainless looks great, hope it holds up.
855EFD94-84EF-4089-B274-2FC14881BDB3.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky