MES 40 SS or painted?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

st barnard

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 13, 2009
Longview, Texas
Looking for the 2.5 Gen 40",  but only one I have locally is the painted cabinet one from Sam's for $329.  Has a Stainless Steel door and legs/wheels,  but would like a full SS box.  Is it worth it?  Could probably get one somewhere else for another $100 without stand/wheels.  What do you think?

No thoughts on painted or Stainless  Steel?  My wife says save money and get the painted,  as long as the insides are SS.  Also,  noticed some   units have 4 shelves, and some 6.  ?

Thanks so much for posting this information. I went by Sam's last night and bought one. $329 for a GEN 2.5 40" MES was just too much to resist. I've been looking at Amazon and Bass Pro for a few weeks. I just could not bring myself to pay the $468 at Amazon.

your welcome.  Let us know how you like it.  Has anyone heard if the new generation has upgraded the electric components that have plagued earlier versions?  Almost ready to pull the trigger on the unit you just got, Surfer Joe,  but after reading some complaints of some earlier versions,  I wish this one had a track record to go by.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky