MES 30 or 40?

Discussion in 'Electric Smokers' started by redneck69, Nov 16, 2010.

1. eman

eman Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

Was in the local sams yesterday and happened to notlce,NO mes on the shelves???

They were there two weeks ago.  looks like they have Christmas decorations in their space.

Not in the market for another one at this time so i didn't stop to ask about this.

2. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

That's the kind of date that you're almost sure to get a little!  [​IMG]

3. coacher72

coacher72 Smoking Fanatic

Bear and everyone is steering you on the right path. If it's not a money thing go with the 40" and you won't be sorry.

4. So glad to find this forum. This was one of my big questions and I'm just about convinced the 40" is for me.

The 30" deal at BPS on Black Friday for $179 is still calling my wife's name, and well, mine too. That's such a great price. But for an extra $100, the SamsClub 40" seems like just as good of as a deal at $299 and I don't have to buy it so fast as I'd rather wait and buy the 40" at Sams after Christmas as spend the dough on the kiddo's.

Is there ever any other better price on the 40"?

5. bearcarver

Personally, I don't think I ever saw an MES 40 for under $298 anywhere.

One last calculation for you:

Buy an MES 30 for $179.

Then realize you'd rather have the MES 40 for $298.

Then buy the MES 40 for $298.

$179 plus $270 = $449

Or get the All Stainless Steel (inside & out) MES 40 with the remote control & wheels from Cabela's for $399.

Bear

6. dale5351

dale5351 Smoking Fanatic

From the web searches I have done, there is no better price.  It is priced as much as $120 more at other places.

Warning from a post just above -- it may not stay in stock. 

7. that is what i was told too....once they are gone they are gone and there is no guarantee that they will come back at the same price.  best price i could find.

8. redneck69

redneck69 Smoking Fanatic

just called Cabela's, looks like they have 16 MES 40's in Sidney NE..looks like ill be bringing one of them home tomorrow[​IMG] plus a few more goodies.

9. texacajun

texacajun Meat Mopper

The Sam's price is the best anywhere on a 40''. They tend to get more in the summer. I have seen them on line at Sam's also. But not the new model 40''

10. bearcarver

11. mudduck

mudduck Smoking Fanatic

i got mine at sams and it is the new model it has wheels and the remote

12. mudduck

mudduck Smoking Fanatic

when i shop for mine on line at sams it show the old model 2007810

but when i got to sams and bought it it was the new model for 298.00

13. bearcarver

Yup---Black outside walls & top---Model 211---$298.

Cabela's is All SS, inside & out---Model #311---normally $399----Now $349.

14. redneck69

redneck69 Smoking Fanatic

sorry but i am anti sams club..i tried to change mind with them a few weeks ago when i was in Cheyenne with my wife.  i was checking out the price of there meat selection and saw on the double packs of pork shoulder or ribs i'd be spending between 6 and 12 dollars more for the same name brand i usually get at home.  i figured it would be cheaper.  plus they had no smokers what so ever on the floor or in their warehouse area.  why should i spend $40.00 on a member ship and have to travel to them (an hour and a half) to pay more for the same item that is cheaper in my home town? 

15. mudduck

mudduck Smoking Fanatic

bear the lady at masterbuilt toll me they where no more ss all where black sides and ss door now  

16. bearcarver

Don't go by what the girls in the office say.

They told me the only difference between the #311 & the #211 was the model number, and that the one Cabela's has & the one Sam's has are the same, but Cabela's wants more money for it.

So here I sat not wanting to pay $100 more for the same smoker.

Then my son went to Cabela's & called me to tell me the one at Cabela's was ALL SS.

Cabela's had 49 of them there at that time---ALL STAINLESS STEEL.

17. texacajun

texacajun Meat Mopper

Bear and I had the same discussion about this. This is one of the reasons behind why I made a model number list with all the options on it. Many of us where unable to get a straight answer from anyone at Masterbuilt on the Models and all the options each one had. Hope this helps.

18. mudduck

mudduck Smoking Fanatic

where is the list you made i think i Sean it but forgot were it was

19. bearcarver

It is in Texacajun's signature box---Click on "MES model numbers".

20. mudduck

mudduck Smoking Fanatic

thanks bear