MES 30" model #2007021

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rico13gt

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 3, 2013
Wisconsin
Anyone know if this is a "good model"? Looking for an electric smoker for cold smoking and for smaller cooks. It's on sale at amazon for $99 right now and didn't think that was a bad price. Any comments on this particular model would be appreciated. Sorry model #20070210
Thanks

Last edited:
Good smoker after a few modifications. Not really insulated, but double wall steel. Design mostly for hot smoking.To get smoke at temps below 180 I use dry sawdust in pan put directly on heat coil. Box is also under vented causing moisture and creosote dripping so I drilled a  1 1/2 inch vent with damper in upper right corner. Problem solved ! For cold smoke I use Amaz. smoke gen on bottom rack.

Analog numbers have changed and quite a few diff models but mine is over 3 years old, covered and stored outside when not in use and no problems with electronics yet. When you can get a box this cheap you can't be afraid to fiddle with it to get it up to your specs, because you couldn't build one out of a trash can for $99.

Last edited:
I agree with SB. $ 99 gets you a sealed smoker with racks and a 1500 watt element. It recovers quickly even though its not insulated. This doesnt have the digital controller so dont worry about good / bad model. SB has given you a couple of easy mods so what do you have to lose?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky