MES 30" BT - Wiring diagram or wire connector supplier

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flashover52

Original poster
Aug 23, 2018
I was given a MES 30" BT smoker for Christmas that worked one time. Long story short, they sent me another brand new unit after having sent me the BT controller on top, heating element, main control board and the thermal switch. So....longer story short, I have a brand new smoker that works, the old smoker that I was able to fix AND pretty much all of the individual components to build a third smoker; except the wires that go between the components. I actually thought of using these components to build a very large dehydrator by wiring up a fan to a relay...

Is there a wiring diagram available that identifies the pinouts for each of the connectors or does anyone know how I could match up the wiring connectors? I've been on DigiKey and some of the other electrical supply sites but can't seem to find these exact ones.

I did see that but there are too many differences between controls. I would be set if I knew that the middle wire of a certain 3 pin connection was a ground and so on...or where I could buy the mating end connection.

Thanks, I did read through that last night but there wasn't enough details.

I may have to disassemble one and get the multimeter out....

Here are some pictures of the parts. The power and leads to heating element are self explanatory.

IMG_6460.JPG

The smaller gauge wires is where the curiousety lies.

IMG_6461.JPG

The BT sensor and heat display on top has two sets of all white wires coming out with plugs. The Power Circuit Board has 2 white wires and 5 colored wires that seem to match up with the same male plugs. Then there are three wires that likely go to a TC/RTD and the thermal switch.

IMG_6462.JPG

IMG_6463.JPG

I just don't know yet whether the wires go straight through or have something in between. Will try to dissect one of the smokers this weekend if time allows.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky