Merry Christmas To All!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pops6927

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 23, 2008
Fort Worth, Tx.
From my home town!

American corner.jpg

(Watertown, NY, the American corner, and the first F. W. Woolworth's store!)

Reactions: kruizer
Merry Christmas Pops and thanks for all the knowledge you share with us. I grew up in a small town with a corner Woolworth’s.

Merry Christmas Pops and to everyone at SMF.
I have my parents nativity set that they received as a wedding gift. It still has the Woolworth's price tag on the bottom of some of the pieces.
Thanks for the flashback. I remember going to Woolworth's and testing my TV tubes.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas All. Have a Safe and Joyous time during these Holidays...JJ

Merry Christmas pops, to you and your family! And merry Christmas to all here on SMF, and a happy new year. Hope everyone enjoys the holidays and time spent with loved ones. Also good food...but no worries here, that doesn't need to be said here! Lol

Ryan

Beautiful Picture, Pops!!
Was Utica right there by Watertown.
It says:
The first Woolworth store was opened by Frank Winfield Woolworth on February 22, 1879, as "Woolworth's Great Five Cent Store" in Utica, New York.

We had one in Quakertown, and when I was just little, My Mom used to take me there for a Cherry-Coke at the counter. It was served in one of those Metal things that held the Cone shaped Paper Cup. Wow that was nearly 70 years ago!!

Merry Christmas to All !!

Bear

Merry Christmas from way over on the west coast. Nothing white about this Christmas here unless you count the bread. It is supposed to be wet though. All my best wishes to everyone here on the smoking meat forum.

G

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky