Merry belated Christtmas and Happy New Year!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

danvf101

Original poster
Jan 1, 2016
Hello all. Got a new Smoke Hollow electric smoker for Christmas, read many posts on many threads to get started (new to smoking), and found this site/forum to be the most informative, so here I am. Just posted on 'The Great Salt Experiment' thread, I'm smoking for the first time today, and started with salt and peppercorns so I could dip my toes in the smoky water without potentially destroying a nice piece of meat. Look forward to the info that can be found on this site and from members as I spread my smoking wings.

Welcome to SMF!

Smoking is like swimming. You can read about it all you want .But the only way you will learn is to jump on in.

get some chicken or a pork loin and start off on something that won't take a whole day to smoke.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky