Memphis Barbecue Cocktail Aromatic Bitters

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

radioguy

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
Columbus, Ohio
Not sure where to post this one. I saw this on the tube and it caught my attention. Ordered the bitters, looking forward to a old fashioned or a bloody mary made with this. This was a bit pricey but what the heck....only live once.

Does anyone have a favorite drink recipe that they want to share?

There are a few recipes listed on their website

Chipotle Cooler looks good, tequila, cucumber, jalepeno and lime juice.

RG

Capture.jpg

Last edited:
One of my favorites is a blackberry bourbon sour. Cooked this one up during the initial COVID lockdown back in spring 2020 and they have remained in the rotation.

I managed to write down the recipe, which I don't usually when I'm just tinkering. 3 blackberries muddled in the bottom of a cocktail shaker, fill shaker with ice, then add 2 oz bourbon, 1 oz fresh-squeezed lemon juice, 1 oz simple syrup. Shake until your fingers are numb, then strain into a rocks glass over ice. Garnish with a blackberry.

99425063_10122655596410074_7228631543458037760_n.jpg

As for those smoked bitters -- I'd try them in a traditional old fashioned in place of angostura bitters. I bet that would add a great depth of flavor.

Kevin, thanks for the sour recipe, will definately try it, those look very tasteee!

RG
They are delicious...and it's been a while, so I think I'll make a couple rounds this weekend!
I am very curious to hear your thoughts on the smoked bitters. I have two kinds of bitters now but they are just the basic Angostura and Peychaud varieties, I haven't tried anything "exotic" there!

mcokevin,

Your blackberry bourbon sours are a hit with my crowd. Very easy recipe. I have not yet made a drink with the BBQ bitters, that is still on my list. Radio Gal and I have officially become "snow birds" . We bought a travel trailer last fall. We left snowy Ohio for a month + in sunny Florida. I have been sharing blackberry bourbon sours with my family and acquaintances this past week or so. Keep up the drinkology, these are so tastee!!

RG

20220204_150313.jpg

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky