Meatloaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Bbq pit boys make some good stuff! I like to mix up my meatloaf with powdered beefy onion soup, cracker, eggs, garlic and pepper then wrap in a bacon weave

A1 thick and zesty,onion,celery,some bacon I smoked yesterday for bfast and a little Bone Suckin Sauce Rub for added flavor.
Cherry tree chips for smoke.

@thesmokist,i'm planning a weave over the weekend.I just put the rest of the package on the smoker while I'm doing the loaf

It turned out a little dry.I cooked it at 275,which is about 100° lower than the recipe.

Oh,it was tasty.I did it in my Masterbuilt Sportsman Elite.at 275°,100° lower than the recipe called for.
Thinking hard about a Weber kettle
But I still want a pellet grill too.

To help on the dryness issue take a burger bun(top and bottom) or a couple slices of loaf breas(I actually use some of my stale sourdough bread), add 1/2 cup butter milk and let the bread soak it up. We then whip up a couple eggs and add these to the bread / buttermilk. Add this last to your meat mix after the spices. It will seem fairly wet but your meatloaf being dry should be a thing of the past.

One thing I have found is Not to overmix. Found the original recipe from Jeff Phillips and it has never let me down. The only things I have changed is to use venison sausage or Cumberland sausage with my beef mince.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky