Meatloaf Yesterday w/ Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mneeley490

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 23, 2011
Everett, WA
Dropped by my local  butcher on Saturday, and she had about 100 lbs. of her special meatloaf mixture (pork, beef, veal, & spices) in the glass display, going for about the same as the grocery charges for ground beef! So, no brainer. Picked up 3 lbs., and added some chopped onion and shitake mushrooms. Layered a few strips of bacon over the top and doodled with some ketchup. Sometimes the simplest meals are the best.

Onto the Weber OTG with a nice hunk of hickory.

Some fine TBS. Actually, during this part, I just sat outside on the deck, with a glass of wine, and enjoyed the slight, chill air.

After about 2 hours @ a steady 350°. I have lots of smokers, but man, I love my Weber!

Plated with some green beans and crusty bread. Got a slight smoke ring...
smile.gif

Last edited:
Hi Mike,

Looks tasty! Sounds like you've got a great butcher.

I've never tried shiitakes in meatloaf, but it sounds really intriguing. I may have to try that next time.

Thanks for sharing, and have a great night!
Clarissa

Thanks, Clarissa! Going to make a meatloaf sandwich now...

Hmmm, never thought of smoking a meat loaf!  My wife makes the best meat loaf I've ever eaten made from ground elk.  Might just have to try this out.  What IT did you go to?

Dang nab it man that looks great, nice job. My family loves meatloaf, just wish my smoker would go that high.
th_crybaby2.gif

I so love meatloaf....and that does look great.  Black Betty may have to cook some soon for me!

Kat

I'm sure you could do it on a regular smoker; it would just take longer.

Cool! Never had a pic make it to the banner before.

travisb, yes, at least 60% was exposed to the smoke, so there was plenty of smoke taste. I could've done it on a Q-Mat too, to get more coverage, but it was just easier this way.

travisb, yes, at least 60% was exposed to the smoke, so there was plenty of smoke taste. I could've done it on a Q-Mat too, to get more coverage, but it was just easier this way.
Nice. I usually do them in a bread loaf pan, but I may have to try it on in a pan next time.

Most anything I smoke, goes in a pan.  Some things, well, not enough room for anther pan, go on the grills, no difference between the two when done.
Right on good to know. Next time I do two of something I'll test it. I think it's mainly mental, because I've used pans before for many things before mainly out of convenience. But that meatloaf sure looked good!

ive been reading on this forum about food safety and noticed you put in your probe while meat was still cold. 

I have been doing this also ,

but now I am wondering.

anybody have comments?

oh yeah, Love my Weber also, use it for many different procedures.

Have you tried the smokenator? i quite like it, also love using the serpentine method for long cook. only tried once though and got 16 hrs from 90 maple leaf natural briquettes.

Happy Smoke!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky