Meatloaf, Chicken Wings, Breakfast Fatties, and Kielbasa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

solaryellow

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 26, 2009
Orlando, FL
Having been here only a little more than a week I felt inspired by some of the threads so I spent my Saturday making some great food. I had never tried a meatloaf or fatty before but they looked so good here at SMF I had to try.

The meatloaf is pretty simple with onion, celery, breadcrumbs, Manny's butt rub, soysauce, eggs, and a mix of pork and beef. I coated it with a mixture of ketchup and Sweetbaby Ray's.

The fatties are maple bacon, Neese's country sausage, scrambled eggs w/ salt, pepper, and oregano, cheddar cheese and was supposed to have hashbrowns but I was so excited I forgot the hashbrowns until they were already on the smoker. I did a poor job of rolling them and they kind of flattened out.

The kielbasa was store bought but I wanted to smoke it anyway. It will be finding its way into a large pot of red beans and rice soon enough.

And the chicken wings were marinaded in Newman's Own italian dressing.

Everything turned out incredible on what I have now dubbed Super Smoker Saturday. I had expected at least partial failure but victory was mine this weekend! I have to do something about getting even temperature across the chamber but I have a plan to address that. In total I made 8 lbs of meatloaf, 6 1/2 lbs of wings, 4 lbs of fatties, and 3 lbs of kielbasa.

DSC_0053.JPG

DSC_0044.JPG

DSC_0048.JPG

DSC_0051.JPG

DSC_0060.JPG

DSC_0068.JPG

Crop81.jpg

Crop79.jpg

The fatties are awesome on biscuits. :D

Things are kind of busy and hectic for the next little while so much of it is going to provide meals for a while.
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky