Meat Slicer Recommendations

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
hi guys,

I am getting close to buying a meat slicer. any recommendations? I would like to keep the budget around $100 if possible. if that is not at all realistic I wont be hurt, just let me know. I will need to store it when not is use as my kitchen is very small.

thanks!

Although I don’t have a meat slicer (but I really want one)...what about the chef’s choice 610 or 615 models? They seem to be well regarded here.

Prices are a out $150-$170 but with the holidays coming up soon, maybe it could be had cheaper??

Interested as well.

Reactions: sandyut
Can you give some more details on what you are intending to use the slicer for?
Depending on what you are slicing would make a difference in recommendations.
Unless you find something used it will be tough to find something good in the $100 range.
I personally like this one https://www.cabelas.com/product/Cab...MIj-L0s8zW5QIV2CCtBh2GUwwCEAQYASABEgJMafD_BwE

But this would be in your budget https://www.cabelas.com/product/HEA...MIj-L0s8zW5QIV2CCtBh2GUwwCEAQYAiABEgKalPD_BwE

I tried the cheaper route one then had to update.

This one is 1 up from the second link Peachy posted . I have this slicer and it works great . 180 watt motor .

I believe it's a Nesco FS-250 . I paid $120 for mine a few years ago . I bought this one because Pop's recommended it .

I have and like the Chefs Choice 615a slicer. It’s $169 right now on Amazon but keep an eye on it. Often either on Amazon or the Amazon owned Woot they have it for $120 or less. I use mine to slice bacon and lunch meat and it does a nice job. One bummer is it ships with the serrated blade so you have to order the smooth one. Still a good value if you can get it on sale.

Happy with my Chefs Choice. A little more than your $100 target but worth it I think.

This one is 1 up from the second link Peachy posted . I have this slicer and it works great . 180 watt motor .

I believe it's a Nesco FS-250 . I paid $120 for mine a few years ago . I bought this one because Pop's recommended it .
I have this one also (Nesco 250) based on Pop's and chopsaw's recommendations. It's on sale on Amazon right now for half price ($60).

Reactions: chopsaw and sandyut
I have this one also (Nesco 250) based on Pop's and chopsaw's recommendations. It's on sale on Amazon right now for half price ($60).

That sure looks like a great deal for a slicer. I have a Chef's Choice & I also have a big 12" commercial grade slicer. I very seldom use the big one cause it just too darn heavy to get it up on the counter!
Al

WOW great options! thanks!!

mostly I want to smoke and slice my own lunch meat. But I am sure I could find more uses once I have one. Like slicing jerky meat.

I have a ChefsChoice 615 and it works great for a small blade slicer. A bit difficult to clean. Not sure what a 615a is but like the op said wait a bit for the holiday sales. I paid about $130.00 last year on sale.

holiday sales are in my favor. I figure 100 was a touch low, and i usually end up spending more than the targeted budget. so started low to accommodate the cost drifting up some.

I dont like the holidays much - not sure why really. but I could ask for one for christmas. I am sure the wife would rather buy me an actual thing. last two years I gave the fam a list of charities and said 'give to them, they need it more than me." Might still do that and buy my own slicer to avoid them hosing up the purchase.

Couldn’t be better timing. My girl has been wanting a slicer to use making dehydrated veggies. The nesco seems pretty reasonable prices. Thank you for posting. I’m loving this site.

hi guys,

I am getting close to buying a meat slicer. any recommendations? I would like to keep the budget around $100 if possible. if that is not at all realistic I wont be hurt, just let me know. I will need to store it when not is use as my kitchen is very small.

thanks!

Another vote for the Chef's Choice 615 from me.

It comes with a serrated blade and in my research everone said to buy the smooth blade for slicing lunch meat and I did and no issues.

As for cleaning it is MUCH easier to clean than an old little Cabela's slicer (not like the ones they make now). It seems much easier to clean than a lot of slicers I have seen out there AND all the parts that detatch are dishwasher safe!!!! I find cleaning to be a breeze where you may need a couple of cutips and a paper towel for the main portion that cannot go in the dish washer :)

If you are choosing amongst different models of Chef's Choice slicers know that the 615 has readily available replacement parts and add-on's and is a little more rugged vs the 610. Some other models have like zero part availability outside of the what comes with the whole package so really look that stuff up if u are deviating from the 615 and 610 models.

I hope this info helps!

sandyut sandyut Don't want to be pushy , but that Nesco FS 250 for 60 bucks is a fantastic price . 180 watt motor and easy to clean .

I have and like the Chefs Choice 615a slicer. It’s $169 right now on Amazon but keep an eye on it. Often either on Amazon or the Amazon owned Woot they have it for $120 or less. I use mine to slice bacon and lunch meat and it does a nice job. One bummer is it ships with the serrated blade so you have to order the smooth one. Still a good value if you can get it on sale.
The Chef’s choice 615 is 149.95 on William-Sonoma with a free smooth blade and free shipping. If you look enough there are sometimes additional coupons available. I paid 125 for mine with 2 blades

Reactions: jcam222
Kitchener 9-inch Professional Electric Meat Deli Cheese Food Slicer, Stainless Steel Blade, 150 Watt / 9" Stainless Steel Blade (Slicer)
I have the 615A, but given the kitchner meat grind has met expectations, i have high hopes for these.

this is a tough call... highly variable reviews on the shopping sites. still searching

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky